Absolute (19)

Chapter Nineteen

I woke up in a large bed. The room I was in had brown wallpaper and white curtains. The bed sheets were also white and incredibly soft. I rubbed my eyes feeling refreshed. I thought back to what had happened. I remembered all the blood and Derek's lifeless body. I killed him.

The thought was killing me. I had never even hurt a fly. How could I have?

I had felt such an explainable hatred towards him. After all he had done to me. I shivered as I got up. The room had large closet on the side. There was a long mirror on the side of the bed. I scampered out of bed and winced inwardly as the cold air hit me. I stared at myself in the mirror. There was something different about me. I was still in the same clothes I was wearing when I had killed Derek. But there was 
something different which I couldn't quite tell.

Was I a murderer now?

I looked around to spot a door opening out to a corridor. I slowly made my way out of the room. There was a large room with black sofas and glass tables to add to the effect of large glass windows.

Where am I?

"Evelyn," I heard Eric's voice. I immediately looked behind me into the corridor. I saw Eric a few feet away from me.

"Hi," he smiled at me. His hair were wet as if he'd just had a bath. He was wearing a grey shirt over black jeans.

"Hi yourself," I said shyly. He grinned at me as I watched him.

"Come with me," he said taking my hand. I followed him across the large room to a spotless white kitchen. I sat down on one of the chairs by a table. Eric handed me a glass of water.

"Do you want something to eat?" he asked watching me intently.
"No thanks," I said placing the now empty glass on the table. Eric sat down opposite to me on one of the chairs.

"I think you deserve  an explanation," he started. I nodded by head.

"Well...I know you're mad at me for betraying you but trust me I didn't want to do it. I don't what relation you had with Derek in the past but he wanted to kill you. He already had Veronica to lure you  into the heart if this place. I know you liked her. She wasn't all bad but she was scared for her life. She convinced you by lying just as Derek had ordered her. I couldn't do anything. I tried to warn you again and again. You wouldn't listen and your dreams that was a way of consciousness to warn you. I know you wouldn't leave. I had to do what I could. But what I didn't know was that Derek wanted to kill you," he said saying each of the words clearly. He was looking at me never for once breaking eye contact.

"Why?" I asked him doubting he would know the answer.

"I don't know. He was a physco. He loved to kill. Anyway, when I found out that he wanted to kill you I knew I couldn't tell you. That was when he killed Veronica because she failed to get you to him. I fought with him but he proposed a deal."

"What deal?" I asked trying not to give away to what I was thinking.

"He wanted me to get you to him otherwise he would find you and kill you himself. If I did as he said he wouldn't kill you. I knew I couldn't let you get killed so I agreed. I am sorry. I didn't want to tell you I knew you would be afraid. I had nothing to say." He sounded like he was telling the truth.

"But I-" I started to say.

"I know you hate me and all. But trust me I never meant for you to get hurt. It was lonely without you. And then when I saw you the other night broken and bleeding I felt guilty as hell. You don't know how sorry I am," he said in a low tone.