Epilogue!

"If there is any kind of magic in the world, it must be in the attempt of understanding someone, sharing something"

The Malhotra Mansion was glowing, even with the hue of dusk present. The decorations in and around the entire place looked as royal as a palace, and as the evening was bidding adieu to welcome the night, the beauty of the lights hanging down the walls was becoming more and more eye pleasing. Manik gave the last set of instructions to the workers who were cleaning the mess, and entered inside, his eyes flickering to his watch.

Damn, it was already nearly six. He was running late, he still had to get ready.

He hurriedly went on to check the Mandap once, and had an on point conversation with the priest to make sure they had whatever was needed. Once done, he sighed in relief, and was about to turn on his heels to run to his room, when his eyes fell on the huge board that was hung behind the pedestal for the bride and the groom.

'MIHIR WEDS RAIMA'

The board read and Manik found himself smiling. He was so proud of his brother and his choice, he was so grateful to Raima and he could not wait for her to be officially his family for he had so much planned to pamper her, like he did Mili. It took his thoughts back to the night when Raima had helped him understand his baseless fears and he had come home to his waiting family, all sobbing, but still at peace.

"Manik, would you say something? Stop crying now", Ishani wiped his tears, while Manik sat on the bed, his left hand tightly gripped by Pallavi.

"You are also crying the same way as me", Manik sulked, watching the streams of tears running down Ishani's eyes, and that odd moment, made the entire family chuckle.

One by one, Manik and Ishani wiped their tears, and Sumita Malhotra exhaled watching Mihir comforting a visibly distressed Mili at the door.

And then, it was all in the open.

Manik's thoughts, his fears, his insecurities.

That day he didn't shy down from telling them how he had over heard the girl he had taken so excitedly to prom, talking about his monetary worth to his friend.

Or how his girlfriend Soha in college, had no plans of living in a joint family.

Or how the other girl Veebha had told him to not baby Mili so much because she wasn't his own sister.

Everyone had felt the tears stinging their eyes when they had realised how much he feared loosing them, as a family. On one side, their hearts had swelled in pride to know how much he loved them, how much each one of them, meant to him and on the other side, no one could stop themselves from blaming themselves for not being there enough for him to trust them.

It was a really twisted situation, neither of them was at fault and yet, everyone was feeling the pang of hurt deep inside them.

Manik broke down again, and when Mili ran into his arms full fledged sobbing just because watching him cry hurt her, he felt stupidest person on the earth to feel his siblings would ever judge him.

When Mihir sat by his knees to promise he would not complain if Ishani pampered him more, and won't ask her to make food of his choices, in exchange of his brother's smile and a guarantee that he won't leave them and go, Manik had whimpered and hugged Mihir, and the three of them had cried together for a really long time, before they all had eventually fallen asleep on the same bed, Manik's head on Pallavi's lap, Mili snuggled into Manik and Mihir lying on Ishani's lap but holding his brother's hand tightly.