Chapter 2

Warm humid air flowed around me liked gushing river and gagged at the sudden change in the atmosphere, As I stepped off the bus.

"How long to we get to go him?" I asked the boy attached to my arm impatiently.

Laughing, West replied, "we are at school camp.Camp is meant to be fun. it is fun- have some fun Mel!"

"I do have fun," I argued. " when I'm at home!"

He grimaced, "how does Cole put up with you?"

I shrugged and pulled him to the side of the line, watching everyone emerge from the bus, a rising cloud of dust buzzing around them as they did so.

I watched expectantly as a tall, dirty-blonde haired boy with caramel lay green eyes, high cheekbones and full lips strutted out the bus, surrounded by an obnoxious group of teenagers called friends.

Casting an icey glare at West, the boy kept up his strut and walked over to greet me.

"Hey," He said smiling, "Nice bus ride?"

"You could say that," I laughed, grinning at the boy next to me, who instantly tightened his grip on my arm. "Good, yeah. How was yours?"

He rolled his eyes and gave me a quick, genuine smile -which was rare for him- before wondering off with his army, completely ignoring my question.

"See ya', Cole," i muttered.

West glanced down at me, loosening his grip on my arm, "nice guy."

"So nice," I replied, my voice thick with sarcasm.