The Chaotic Birthday Party

"Aigo, here you are."

Mrs. Na Young Chien, Jaemin's grandmother, walked into the room. Jaemin was sitting in a chair while his hair was styled, his nails trimmed, and his shoes fitted. All by servants. Their family hired Kwek Hall for Jaemin's grandmother birthday and that's where Jaemin stayed since yesterday. He occupies Princess Marivana's favorite room every time she visited this country.

"Grandma!" Jaemin smiled. All the servants let go of Jaemin's body while the boy rushed to hug his grandmother.

"You look handsome," said his grandmother.

"I miss you so much! Stop traveling over the world."

"If I didn't do that, who will take care of the companies? Your grandfather left me with a pile of factories to watch. Even three children are not enough to make everything run normally," as usual, Jaemin's grandmother started to chirped.

Jaemin smiled. "I will help you, Grandma."

Mrs. Na Young Chien doesn't look like a 70 year old woman at all. People often think she is still in her early 50s, only with movements that are not as agile as before. Her petite body and perfectly white hair haven't changed since Jaemin was little.

Jaemin's grandmother raised her hand to her loyal servant. In an instant, everyone left the room, leaving Jaemin and his grandmother seated on the bed.

"Jaemin, has your father asked you to contribute in our company?"

Jaemin's smile slowly faded, but he kept staring at his grandmother softly. "That's right, Grandma. I learn."

"Good, good," Jaemin's grandmother held Jaemin's hand tightly. Jaemin can feel her wrinkles. And affection.

"You are not my first grandchild, Jaemin. But I plan to leave it all to you. Your father asked you to help because I have been pushing him for the past two years. "

"Grandma! Stop talking like that."

"Aiyoh! I am old. My hunch says I can't entrust everything to your cousins. People say I'm just too fond of your father. No. I treat everyone the same, but you are special."

Jaemin knew his grandmother always spoke like the typical parents does; comparing each other and talking about them as if they were seeds that could be sorted.

"I don't want you to be bothered by trivial matters like school, especially lovers. People will be hysterical if they know how I plan you to be. Tsk, actually I hope you don't need to get married."

"Grandma?" Jaemin raised his eyebrows.

"That will bring you no good, son. Trust me. Maybe for now. Those girls will only come like flies to swarm over you."

"Luckily I'm not interested in girls, Grandma."

Jaemin's grandmother looked closely at her grandson's eyes. "Whatever it is, it's not what makes you special in my eyes, Na Jaemin."

Jaemin bent down, laying his head on his grandmother's lap. The woman also melts, stroking Jaemin's hair slowly.

"If there are no obstacles, I will announce this this evening. Get ready."

"Today?"

"I'll have to leave tonight. Jaemin, I'm not your mother. I can't work from home. After all, this event is only to please your uncles and aunts. They must be having a hard time finding things that please me, so they decided to throw this lame event as a solution."

Jaemin laughed softly. He raised his head, then sat on his knees on the floor, clutching his grandmother's hand tightly.

"I will not disappoint you, Grandma."