Chapter 5- Are We Scouts Now?

After Levi fixed up my bandages and gave me an overly long lecture he dismissed me to go get some food. I walked back and went to sit with the rest of the cadets.

"Hey guys, where's Eren?" I asked, sitting with Mikasa, Armin, and a couple others.

"They took him away, said he was too much of a mystery to let him walk around. They are being cautious about him." Armin explained.

"Oh alright. I hope he is ok." I muttered.

The rest of dinner was eaten in silence, it was pretty grim. I didn't like it one bit.

~ mini time skip ~

It was a couple days later and Mikasa, Armin, and I were brought to this courtroom. Earlier I think they said it was going to be deciding Eren's fate and that we were key elements to this. I'm not sure why I was important. But I didn't complain or anything. The trial started and the Military Regiment and Scout Regiment both had to explain what they would use Eren for and what his fate should be. It wasn't very fun to listen to. People started arguing and things were getting heated. Then Levi walked out to where Eren was, which was chained to a pole. I feel bad for him, I wouldn't want to be there. I kept watching as Levi started to beat the hell out of Eren. Watching it made me feel lightheaded. I had never known Levi to be this violent with other people, I had heard he was but I had never seen it before. I just looked away and tried not to get pissed. 

After the trial it was decided that Eren would join the scouts. It was nice that they were going to let him live, plus we would get to see him since Mikasa, Armin, and I were all planning on joining the scouts anyway. After the trial, we all just went back with all the other cadets. In a few days we would have our ceremony for choosing which regiment to join.

~ time skip ~

It was now the ceremony for which regiment we would go too. There was a lot of discussion prior, and some people seemed to be altering their minds.

They started and we all lined up. Commander Erwin showed up on the stage. He started explaining that we should stay if we were going to join the Scouts. But before that he explained the plan they had to take back Wall Maria. He was very serious and a little intimidating. When he finished people started to walk away, meaning they weren't joining. So many people left. 'Cowards.' Then there were all the people that stayed, including me, Mikasa, Armin, Jean, Ymir, Christa, Connie, Sasha, Bertolt, Reiner, and some others I wasn't acquainted with. Then we were accepted as Scouts, ending our night.

~ time skip ~

A couple days later we went to the Scout's base and got our rooms. We didn't train much while we were there, we just learned about the plan to take back Wall Maria. I was called out to Levi's office one day though. I went over to his door and gave a little knock, I was allowed in and told to sit down. It was weird, Levi's whole squad was there. Including Eld, Petra, Oulo, Gunther, and Eren, which was surprising. "So why was I called Captain?" I asked.

"I want you to join the Special Operations Squad." He said.

"You're joking? You're joking right." I said.

"No, I'm not joking." He replied, sternly.

"Well why me, what about the rest of the rookies?" 

"They aren't who I want." He said.

I giggled at the statement, it was funny how he said it.

"What are you laughing at, rookie?!" He yelled, but still asking.

"Just what you said, it was funny how you said it. That's all." I smirked.

"Well are you going to join or what?" He asked, getting impatient.