fifteen

(this has been in my drafts but was never finished. i kind of love it tho so i'm gonna post it as a "goodbye" chapter, enjoy babes 🥺)

Play song!!

~three weeks later~

"Mel, wake up baby."

The soft smell of pumpkin filled the small trailer as Joshua tried to gently shake the girl awake.

Melani was sprawled out in the bed, blankets wrapped around her tightly due to the cold autumn breeze of the night before.

She let out a tired sigh, shifting to the side Josh was on.

Her eyes immediately found the breakfast platter in his hand, stacked french toast with an assortment of berries on top.

Melani let out a content hum, taking the tray from his hands and setting it on the bed next to her.

"What are y-" Josh was cut off by Mel's small hands gripping his waist, pulling him into her blanket covered body.

"Let's just cuddle for a couple minutes." Her voice is deeper and raspier due than usual from sleep.

The boy smiled at her, climbing under the covers and resting his head on her chest.

"Happy birthday week." Josh whispered, moving his head to peck her nose.

Melani let out a tired chuckle, muttering a small 'thank you.' as she ran her fingers through his curls.

The two stayed like that for a while, basking in each other's presence as the sun started to rise, casting a golden hue from the window.

Birds chirped faintly in the distance, a sudden calmness flowing through the air.

Josh frowned as Melani pushed him off of her, sitting up with the boy.

"Wanna watch the sunrise with me?" The corners of her soft pink lips pulled into a lazy smile.

Josh smiled back, nodding his head slightly and watching as his girlfriend found her way off the bed.

She picked up the breakfast platter that sat at the edge of the bed, almost tripping over Joshua's pajama pants she'd borrowed the night before.

Josh was mesmerized by every little thing about her.

Her blonde hair was pulled into a perfect messy bun, hair was falling out of it as a result of being slept on yet it still looked as if it was strategically placed there. His red plaid pajama pants were hugged to her waist due to the draw string tied in front of her belly, the material loosely hanging around her legs as if they were made for her. A light grey sports bra was the only thing covering her torso despite how cold it was the night before.

Josh was so caught up in the girl he didn't realize she was waiting for his lazy butt to get out of bed.

He rolled of the blankets carelessly, almost falling off the bed before finally getting up.

Her hand found his and they went down the steps onto the gravel, the sting in their feet going unnoticed as they took in the moment.

The sky consisted of golden beams, the sun peaking out over a small cloud that had settled itself at the bottom of the orb.

The chirping of the birds were louder than before while Melani ignored the chilly air that was sending goosebumps against her skin.

Josh slipped off his jacket, laying it on the ground before plopping himself down on it, reaching up and pulling Melani to sit between his legs.

Her exposed back leaned against his clothed chest as Josh leaned forward, nuzzling his face into the girls neck and wrapping his arms around her waist.

Melani giggled at the cuddly boy, finally taking a bite of her french toast as she watched the sky in awe.

The pumpkin spice flavored breakfast caused a moan to escape her throat, a few mumbles about how good it is flowing out of her mouth.

She would occasionally feed the cuddle bug some too, it felt as if they were the only people under the sun.