Chapter 12

"How much longer?!" Changbin yelled when his friend's paws finally touched the mud covering forest grounds.

"Literally a minute or two"

Felix looked around, uncertain if he was even going in the right direction but he decided to let his instincts guide him. When a sight of the broken wall flashed between the trees his mind got a bit calmer. When he was about to get ready to jump above the stack of bricks, the corner of his eyes caught a glimpse of a dog tied to a wooden log. Felix stopped in his tracks, almost knocking Changbin off of his back.

"What happened?!" the older yelled while stumbling onto the ground.

'If we are here, why not save two lives?' Felix thought to himself and looked at his friend.

"I have to do something" he explained briefly where Hyunjin was and pushed Changbin towards the wall with his muzzle "I'd go but you're way stronger. Go, I'll catch you later on." before the other could protest Felix was already running into the woods.

×××

Changbin ran down the property as quietly as he could while looking around. Upon seeing a warehouse that matched Felix's description he let out a victorious yell in his mind and dashed to the building. He was so glad that they were there in the middle of the day, otherwise he'd be pissing himself all the way to the broken platforms between the train rails.

"Hyunjin" Changbin spoke out, letting his words echo between the concrete walls.

"Hyung?" a voice echoed back and the older walked to the direction it was coming from while trying not to stumble on the broken glass and rocks that were flooding the floor.

"Hyunjin, where are you?" He said a bit louder this time while eagerly looking around.

"I'm down in a hole dude!" Changbin finally caught a glimpse of a broken wood and ran up to it. He made sure not to step on the faulty construction and looked down, finally calming a bit when spotting the ball of raven hair.

"The fuck- How am I supposed get down there?!" He said while keeping his eyes on the boy then began wandering around with his glance once again.

"There are presumably three ways to get here. I heard some guards talking. You gotta find them because there's no way you can get me out of here this way" Hyunjin said while looking at his leg and gulped.

"Okay, I'll go and look around! Stay right here!" Changbin pushed himself off the ground and ran to the nearest corridor he saw.

×××

Felix, already in his human form, ran to the place where he saw the dog. He looked around and panicked and when he spotted the poor animal, laying on the ground he felt his heart shatter into a thousand pieces. The boy ran up to the shaking being and looked at it closely.

The dog raised its head just a tad bit, its heartbeat was stable but very faint and it looked at the hybrid with broken eyes, not strong enough to even protect itself. Felix petted the ball of beige fur softly while looking into his backpack to see if anything useful was inside. He took out his water bottle and poured some of the life giving liquid into his cupped hands for the dog to drink. The animal gladly did, licking every last drop from Felix's hands. The boy had no food he could give the dog though (because why would he just carry dog food around - although from now on he probably will). The hybrid looked around and let out a broken sigh while picking up the poor animal and holding it closely to his chest as if it was about to break into pieces under his touch. Felix then stood up and began walking towards the wall to wait for Changbin.