12.2| Caduceus

The return of the daily routine, talkback and get slapped, wasn't high on Shouto's list of favorite things. It was day 100 of the challenge and he wasn't going to be able to finish it. He sighed, hiding the notebook in his old room, as well as his phone, unable to contact anyone because the battery was low and he didn't have a charger. Not here. He wasn't even allowed to have a phone here. Not really. 'Friends are meaningless unless they can be used' as his father would say. 

"I guess this means Bakugo gets Izuku in the end," Shouto sighed, lying down on his bed. The room was locked. He wasn't allowed to leave. He wasn't allowed to eat. There was a bathroom in this 'guest room' of a set up so he didn't have to worry about that. If he got really desperate he could at least stay hydrated from the sink water. That's what he'd done in the past. 

He wasn't allowed to leave because he'd 'run away.' This was his punishment. His father probably beat the information out of his sister. It was amazing she held up his long, honestly, Shouto silently thanked her for that. 

He almost shook the entire house when he walked. Or, that's what Shouto imagined anyway. That man was outside the door right now. He could see the shadow peeking through. Here we go. He sat up on his bed and folded his hands over his lap, waiting patiently for his doom. 

...

"Where the fuck is Shouto? He has spent a whole 99 days coming here and he isn't going to push it out one more day?" Bakugo crossed his arms and glared at the door. He sounded mean, of course, but really he was just as concerned as Izuku. 

"This doesn't make any sense. He isn't answering his texts either," Izuku stared down at his phone. He'd only spammed Shouto about a billion times. Radio silence. Nothing. Nada. Not even a 'read.'

Touya practically kicked open the door to the flower shop (he'd honestly never thought he'd set foot in here) and looked around frantically. "You haven't seen Shouto?" he asked the two. They shook their heads. "Aw, fuck! You had one job, literally one fucking job, and you can't even do that? Goddamnit, some brother you are," Touya ruffled his hair and exited. He'd already texted and called literally everyone he knew (outside family members because those messages would be hacked) and no one knew a damn thing. Which meant only one thing. 

"Did something happen?" Izuku asked, already knowing the answer. 

"You two are his boyfriends or something, right?" Touya pointed. "He hasn't said anything to you? At all?"

"No," they replied. 

"How good at fighting are you?" 

"I can't fight at all," Izuku muttered. 

"I get into a lot of fights and I practiced karate and boxing," Bakugo scratched the back of his neck. 

"You, you're useful," Touya pointed to Bakugo. "You, not so much, but I need everyone I can muster," he pointed to Izuku. 

...

The feeling of overwhelming numbness had taken over. He couldn't even feel the wounds anymore. The bruising. The bleeding. He coughed, huddled on the ground, trying to force himself on his side so he wouldn't suffocate on his own spit. There was nothing but red on the tile of the bathroom. Was it his red? Blood? That's the word. Blood. Was it his? Probably, or maybe it was just his hair. He couldn't tell anymore. He coughed again. 

He tried to think about what Bakugo and Izuku were doing. Maybe they went on a date to celebrate the end of the challenge. The loneliness ate him up inside so he ignored the thought. He drifted elsewhere. Shouto really wanted to watch some of Tomura's videos right now. Or even an anime Izuku had recommended. 

"Shouto," a voice whispered and snuck into the room. "You can't stay like this he will just complain about the blood on the floor. You know that. Come on, get up, let me help you treat those wounds," his sister helped him sit up. She cleaned the floor as best as she could before moving to him. He watched her as she struggled to look for things to use in first aid, knowing full well that things as simple as 'bandaids' were a luxury in this house. 

"You shouldn't...be here..." Shouto muttered. 

"He is at work. He won't be here any time soon to bother you. Or me, for that matter." 

"Protect...yourself," Shouto gently nudged her away. She frowned, shaking your head. "You know how he found you, don't you? I told him. It's my fault. So, at least let me do this." 

"Not...your fault," his vision blurred as his head throbbed. 

"Hey, Shouto, don't close your eyes, Shouto?" she gently slapped his face. "Please don't close your eyes." She slapped him a bit harder. "I think he might've hit your head so please don't sleep you could have a concussion." 

"That's fine." 

"That's not fine!" 

Shouto nodded. "That's fine." 

...

"Toga are you any good at fighting?" 

"I'm good with knives, why?" 

"Perfect, welcome to the team," Touya walked out of Glorious & Goth and Toga followed behind, a bit confused. 

"What team?" 

"We're trying to pull together a team to save Shouto from his evil father," Izuku explained as they walked. 

"What about the store?" Toga pointed. 

"The boss can fire us later," Touya shrugged. 

"If you say so." 

"What about Tomura? Is he good at fighting?" Touya asked. 

"I mean, he murdered someone before, right?" Toga raised an eyebrow. "I would say so."

"Is that confirmed?" Touya wanted to know, for reasons, maybe someone else needed murdering? You know? It was good to know these types of things. 

"Well the guy that raised and adopted him is no longer in this world. So, I would say so." 

"Fantastic, let's go get him too."