chapter 1

"Get up you have school!" Said my mom. I looked at her, she kinda looked like...well I rather not say. "Get up I said you have school!" She walked over to me and slapped me on the face. I had a red mark on my face all day. "Why do u have that on your face?" I herd somebody say from behind me. I didn't turn around because I didn't want them to say anything. "Um it's nothing." I said "Yes there is it's red and..." I stopped her before she could say anymore. "It's nothing okay, just leave me alone!" I said putting my head down on my desk. She came up beside me and knelt down and said, "come to the restroom with me." At first I didn't want to then I thought I really don't want to do homework so I went with her. She got her bag and pulled me to the bathroom. She brought out these things that looked strange. "What's that" I said in a small voice. "It's make-up haven't u ever herd of it?" "No What do u use it for." "Your face silly now sit down." She said. She did my make-up and when she was done I didn't even realize the mark on my face from my mom. "Thanks!" I said admiring the way I looked with make-up on. "Your welcome. So what happened?" "Um nothing" I said but I knew she knew I was was lying. "Please tell me, im bot going to tell anybody its ok" "Fine but you have to promise all your life not to tell anybody in your life time." "Okay I promise." She said. I took a deep breath, I turned around facing the bathroom stalls and said "My mom beats me." Feeling so embarrassed yet relieved. She spoke she said "Mine does to." I turned around looked at her. "Are u serious." I said. She showed me the bruises and scares. My eyes filled with tears. And that's when I found my best friend, Taylor.