Chenle

Youtuber!AU [angst warning]

You started off as a normal couple. You and your boyfriend, were simple high schoolers who had a YouTube channel as a side hobby. He posted gaming videos, and you posted about your own hobbies as well as vlogs and other fun videos. Everything changed when the two of you covered a song together. You sang a duet and posted it on your channel. The next thing you knew, SM Entertainment was emailing you to audition and become trainees.

"This is a once in a lifetime opportunity, Y/n"

Chenle spoke, as he folded more shirts to put into his suitcase.

"But what if I'm not good enough?"

Chenle leaned down and pressed a kiss to your lips.

"You're the most talented girl I know"

But little did he know you were right. After months of training, when it came down to final eliminations, you didn't make the cut. That night Chenle came to see you at your dorm, and he watched from the doorway as you packed your stuff, almost having deja vu from when you were watching him pack before you left China.

"I can't do this without you, y'know"

You sighed and walked over to face him.

"It's okay, do it for both of us"

You spoke, pressing a soft kiss to his lips.

That was when he changed.

He wouldn't call or text as often. Sometimes you went weeks without talking before he would send you a dry message about missing you. At first you were hurt, but you couldn't say you didn't see it coming. You took on the responsibility of continuing the channel yourself, because your now idol partner was obviously too busy for it. The viewers knew of his absence and recent stardom, and many were starting to speculate that you'd already broken up. In a Q and A video that you filmed, one of the questions was about that.

You shrugged at the camera nonchalantly.

"I don't know, we might as well have"

Was the answer you gave to the person who was led if you had broken up yet. What you didn't know was that Chenle still watched your videos, when he had time that is. He wasn't happy with what you said when the video came out.

Call from: Chenle 💕

"Hello"

"What the hell did you mean by that?!"

"Huh?"

"Don't play dumb with me, Y/n, you know what you said in that video!"

You sighed into your end of the phone.

"I said what I feel, and it feels like we're already broken up as it is, so you might as well just do it now and get it over with"

Silence. For a few minutes you didn't get any response until you heard a quiet sniffle on the other end of the phone.

"I'm sorry, princess. It's hard being here without you and managing a career by myself. I'll try harder to talk to you, okay"

You nodded as if he could see you.

"Okay, Lele"

He smiled at the sound of his nickname. You talked for a few hours after that, and you thought your sweet boyfriend was back for a while, but you were wrong. You were reminded of that fact a few weeks later during spring break when he decided to fly you to Korea to meet his group. When you arrived at the airport, the Chenle you saw was not the one who said goodbye to you on your last day in Korea. Of course he was taller and more mature looking now, but between the dyed hair and expensive clothes and accessories, he definitely fit the idol persona.