The Power of Optimism - Chapter 1

Optimism means a positive hopeful view. I think that it is very necessary to include the quality of optimism in one self. It helps to have a positive outlook towards life and keeps our mind cheerful. Since I've become optimistic, I have noticed that I have reduced talking about negative things to my friends, I started to gain a lot of creative ideas and I stay calm instead of being nervous during exams.
I would like to dedicate this article to my future self and everyone who feels down and depressed. I hope my future self to be an eternal optimistic and she doesn't need to read this.
My mum went through an uterus surgery few months back and when she came home she started reading self-help books. She redeveloped her hobby of reading and made notes which included quotes and her goals for life. She made a habit of often saying 'thank you' for her health and speaking about positive things. I noticed how she recovered quickly from her uterus surgery. While other women feel difficult to move around the house for a month, she recovered in only 15 days. She grew powerful only due to this quality of optimism. Now, three months later it just doesn't feel like she went through a surgery.
From this episode, I learnt that one can overcome anything in life with 'the power of optimism.' She inspired me and I will be forever grateful for it.