ONE

07

APRIL's POV

The camera flashes multiplied faster than Jackson's ass. I went back inside the airport to run from them and gave the security a heads-up.

The thought of coming home being a bad idea is now creeping into my mind. It isn't supposed to be like this. My plan was to leave New York, run from the media, start the life that I wanted here at my hometown, and never come back to that city ever again.

My plan was so simple and perfect, or so i thought.

Too late to have cold feet now, April. You're doing this, no turning back!

I was about to redial Jackson's phone number but as if on a cue, his image appeared right at the entrance door. Our eyes met and he immediately ran to where I'm standing.

"Hey I'm sorry I forgot to check my sched, totally lost my mind I'm s——- April?"

08

                                             09I couldn't talk for a minute

09
I couldn't talk for a minute. I can't help but to look at him and notice how much he's changed.

Neat looking beard.
Broad shoulders.
Firm muscle tone.

Wow. The Attending life must be treating him so well.

"April?" he said again, now pulling me from awestruck.

"Y-yeah?"

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah I'm okay. What took you so long? Don't you at least check your inbox?" I hissed at his face, but he seemed distracted. Now he's the one who's not listening.

He just looks at me... frowning.

I suddenly feel conscious. Do I have something on my face? what's up with this guy?

He stepped closer to me. Then he leaned, bringing his face closer to mine. His right hand found its way to my cheeks. His eyes are so busy examining my face.

I'm getting kinda dizzy in his stares. What is going on?

He learned closer and just when I was about to stop him, he opened his mouth..

"Your face looks like shit. What happened to you?"

He then pressed his thumb to my left cheek where I have a bruise.