Speed

Rhythm. It's a town where no one wants to be, but if you grow up here, it's your home. It's the town that is owned by the best club out there; North Terror. Their my family and a brotherhood that I have died to be apart of my entire life.

Finally, after twenty years of watching my dad and his best friend ride circles around me, I get to be patched in. There's only one thing: I have to win this fight tonight. It's how North Terror works, once you become a prospect you have to do whatever the President of the club asks of you for six months. Once those six months are up you have to win a fight against one of the brothers. It's the only time a brother can punch another.

But I was guaranteed to win this fight five years ago. On my fifteen birthday I wanted to box someone, it was a weird request for a birthday boy, but it was what I wanted. So, my dad found a guy willing to hit a fifteen year old in the ring. The poor sucker thought he'd win against someone half his age, little did he know, I have been training for this since I was eight. I would say it's the family business but I supposed it wasn't my family that started this, and considering I was only adopted by my now dad  twelve years ago.

"SPEED! GET YOUR ASS DOWN HERE NOW!" I hear my dad shouting for me. I don't flinch, there's no reason too, he always shouts for me in the morning, my personal alarm clock.

I quickly slip on a pair of black jeans, my combat boots and a band t-shirt. I don't actually listen to the band on the shirt, but I could care less. Honestly, a band t-shirt is just a way to categorize people's interest and I think that's all bullshit. It's a name and I like how it looks, it really shouldn't matter if I know where that name belongs.

"I SWEAR TO GOD SPEED IF YOU DON'T GET YOUR ASS DOWN HERE NOW, I WILL KICK MY FOOT SO FAR IN IT—" I hear my dad threaten. I stop him before he can end his threat and race down the stairs with my leather coat halfway on.

"I'm here. I'm here, no need to start shoving." I wink at him as I grab the toast in his hands, midway to entering his mouth.

"Are you taking the bike?" My dad asks. I look over at my beautiful baby, a Harley Davidson. It was my dads before it was mine, a sixteenth birthday gift. But I can't take it to a high school, that would freak out everyone. Although, I know for a fact that the ladies love a guy on a bike. For some reason woman have this strange attraction and fantasy for a mine riding a motorcycle. I think they need to get their heads out of a book and live in the real world to understand how it actually works.

"No. I'm picking up Jac at a school." My dad only nods his head at my refusal and hands me his Ford truck keys. I grab them with no refusal at all, I love that truck almost, but not entirely as much as I love my baby.

"After you get him, you and him straight to the club for your patch in. Got it. No funny business, this is your night and I don't need your foolish antics to mess it up." Dad rolls his eyes as he says foolish antics. He's referring to Jac's and I's constant prank wars. Actually it has been one long prank war since Jac turned fourteen and I, sixteen. It started out harmless, but now it turned into a war where no one wants to end, because ending means someone has to lose and neither of us are down for that.

"I promise." I mock my dad by moving my fingers over my heart in a cross motion as a salute to his promise.

"Head in the game Speed. You win this fight and you'll finally be a brother. Mess this up and game over." It's like he didn't hear the promise I already agreed to.

"You know I want this more than anything. No funny business. To the club right away. And win. Got it." I set down the laws he gave me earlier and walk towards his truck.

Turning the ignition I look over at my dad with a smile, "hey dad!"

His head lifts up in response and I laugh, dropping the sunglasses from my head in front of my eyes. I smirk, "just remember. I promised, you said nothing about Jac." I quickly hit the gas and leave the driveway.

I watch as my dad runs over to me with his arms in the air, and swearing like the biker he is. It was a joke. At least it was slightly a joke and I fully intend to keep my promise, but Jac didn't promise anything. Plus this will be my last few hours before I have obligation to a new family, a brotherhood. Might as well go spend my last moments of freedom as a teenager in style. A few pranks shouldn't hurt anyone, plus I only have to be back at the club for my patch in and that's not until seven tonight. I can make it. And I can keep my promise.