Seventeen

"Officer Sandler this is Gabriel Cortez, He's a crime scene investigator" a short blond lady said.
Officer Sandler eyeballed the person in front of him. "He's a kid," Officer Sandler said.
The kid who stood in front of him was 24 year old Gabriel Cortez, he graduated high school with a 4.2 and valedictorian of his class.
"I'm 24 actually," Gabriel said.
"This guy is the same age as my daughter, No you mean to tell me there's no one else!" Officer Sandler said.
"Officer Sandler when I tell you not only in this department but no officer in this damn state wants to be your partner, So you have two choices, work with Gabriel or step off the case, your pick!" The short blond lady said.
"Yes Captain" Officer Sandler said.
The captain walked away "Cortez is it?" Officer Sanders asked.
"Yes, but my friends call me Gabriel," Gabriel said.
"I'm not your friend, My name is Detective Sandler" Officer Sandler said.
"You're not a detective Sandler!" an officer who was by the water machine said.
"Go fuck your self Milton, Anyway kid follow me" Officer Sandler said.
He started walking towards the storage closet "you're going to need a jacket and hat, what size do you wear?" Officer Sandler asked.
"I'm a Medium" Gabriel said
"We only have large" Officer Sandler said.
He handed him a dark blue track jacket that had the word 'Trainee' on it.
"Now that you got that, follow me. We got a call this morning about a double homicide" Officer Sandler said.
Officer Sandler and Gabriel both walked outside to get in a squad car.
"This is so awesome, I mean not awesome because two people were brutally murdered but it's just I never imagined actually being on a real life case before and to be working with someone so...experienced" Gabriel said.
Gabriel was smiling as he was looking out the window he turned to look at Sandler who looked to be about in his mid 40 or early 50's, brown and grey mixture thick hair, with a wide nose and big ears with a thick mustache sitting on top of his lip.
"First thing is first ok, number one I'm not your babysitter ok, number two you follow my command when and how I say understand" Sandler said.
"yes sir" Gabriel said as he turned on the radio. Sandler clicked and turned the radio back off "Rule number three don't touch the radio I like to ride in silent" Sandler said.
"Right of course, sorry" Gabriel said as he put his book bag in the back seat.
"what's in the bag?" Sandler asked.
"my crime scene kit" Gabriel said.
"You're 'crime scene kit' what did you order that from amazon?" Sandler asked.
"Actually yes" Gabriel said.
"Wow kid" Sandler said.

Officer Sandler and Gabriel silently rode in the car for about thirty five minutes to arrive at the Shaw residence where Mrs. Shaw and her 8 year old daughter Katlyn Shaw.
Gabriel couldn't really hear what was said but he was able to tell by the tone of her voice she was very devastated, Going into the building the strong odor of a deceased body was thick in the air. The first thing that Gabriel knotice is a little blood print that was on the door knob of the front door.
Gabriel pulled his phone out to capture a picture of the door knob.
"Is the door fascinating to you kid?" Sandler said and walked upstairs, Gabriels reached in his bag and grabbed the concealer tape and microfiber dust and dusted the prints.
"Now that you're done dusting door knobs, I think you may want to take a look upstairs" Sandler said. Gabriel grabbed his bag and went upstairs to see both Michael and Victor Shaw lifeless bodies. Michael's mattress was soaked in his blood and Victor Shaw had his blood all over the bedroom floor.
Gabriel removed the black sheet off of Victor Shaw "One clean cut to the throat ear to ear, poor guy didn't even have a chance" Gabriel said and covered Victor Shaw.
"Now this one on the other hand is way more sadistic and brutal" Sandler said and revealed Michael Shaw along with the slice neck like victor but Michael was stabbed in the chest and stomach area.
Gabriel counted the stab wounds "17, he was stabbed 17 times. my guess is he was the target and the father pretty much got in the way. I'm guessing the murderer came in through the window he stood over victim #1 probably just stared at him" Gabriel said.
Sanders bagged Michael's phone "He would've been able to hear him" Sandler said
"AirPods" Gabriel said as he looked at Michael's ear and noticed he had an Apple AirPod in his ear.
"What in the hell is an Airpod?" Sandler asked.
"Seriously? There these little Bluetooth headpieces you know the Apple headphone?" Gabriel said.
"Those UPhones are so complicated, I like to keep things simple," Sandler said.
"It's called an IPhone. He was wearing headphones, he must've slept with them on and it caused him not to hear and be aware of his surroundings" Gabriel said. "How do you know the killer came through the window?" Sandler said as he tried to get inside Micheal phone.
"The door knob had a blood print on it, and the windows have no blood. Did you find something on his phone?" Gabriel asked.
Sandler was showing a confused look on his face "It's asking for a 4 digit pin code" Sandler said.
"Of course everyone has a lock on their phones" Gabriel said.
"Not me too complicated plus no one is freely allowed to go through my phone" Sandler said as he pulled out his phone.
"Hmm I didn't know they even made flip phones still" Gabriel said.
"Hurry up with the investigation, it's about time for lunch," Sandler said.
"I got all the information I need" Gabriel said and bent down to get the charger for the phone, he noticed a long stand of brown hair "the suspect is a brown haired male or female." Gabriel said as he put the hair into an evidence ziplock bag. "Ready Officer Sandler," Gabriel said.

I was riding my bike down to the creek to clear my mind. I couldn't get the sight of Michael's blood, and the sight of Mr. Shaw bleeding out, Damien has been becoming a little too out of hand.

"Stephen, come on, you really are still mad," Damien said.
"yes you have made me kill-" I was saying.
Damien interrupted "Wait a minute Stephen, stop right there, I didn't make you kill no one. I have told you before I only kill those who you feel need to be killed" Damien said.
"I have never had a single thought of hurting Mr.Shaw!" I screamed.
"Oh but Stephen think about it, what kind of man would raise a kid like that? Plus Stephen I thought you would be ok killing Dads, we killed Nick" Damien said.
"Nick wasn't my damn Dad!" I screamed, I realized my veins were visible.
"Did I spark a nerve Stephen boy?" Damien asked.
"Fuck you Damien! Don't you ever get tired of this?" I asked.
"Do you ever get tired Stephen?" Damien asked.
"Shut up! Shut the fuck Up!" I yelled
"You might want to stop screaming as you are about to approach the city" Damien said.

I had started to arrive at the city corner store, where I saw a cop car parked, I kept my head down as I entered the store. I grabbed a bottle of Lipton's green tea and a bag of Skittles candy and a few other things.
"No!" Damien screamed, causing a ring in my head, I thought in my head "what the hell Dude?"
"Get away from him!" Damien yelled.
I turned to see a Hispanic guy wearing a blue jacket with the word 'Trainee' on the back of it.
"What's so special about this dude?" I asked Damien.
"Just get away from him!" Damien yelled.
I headed towards the register and the guy got behind me.
"Damn it Stephen get away from him now!" Damien yelled.
"What is your fucking deal?" I thought.
"That'll be $8 even," the cashier said.
I handed him 8 dollars out of my wallet and left out the store and got on my bike and continued to ride down to the creek.
Gabriel put him and Sanders stuff on the checkout counter for the cashier to ring it up.
"That'll be $9.25" the cashier said and Gabriel handed him a $10 bill and told him "keep the change" and left the store and got back in the squad car with Sandler.
"Did they have my Twinkies?" Sandler asked.
"Huh, yeah here" Gabriel said and had a look on his face.
"Hey kid you ok?" Sandler asked
"Yeah I'm ok, just thinking" Gabriel said.

"What the hell was that Damien?" I asked
"He's one of them" Damien said
"Who and what?" I asked
"The guy at the store, he's a Christian or Catholic or Something whatever it is it's very dangerous stay away from him" Damien said
Without even thinking about it I realized I found Damien weakness also I found out how much his weaknesses are also mine.

Sandler was driving to Burger King, Gabriel pulled out his iPhone and opened the calculator app and pressed the equation '8+9.25'.
"17.25...17.25....17" Gabriel said.