Lemon

this is a lemon

lemons are yellow, but when they grow they start with the color green

lemons are yellow, but when they grow they start with the color green. Green is a beautiful color... because it looks like green. I like lemons because they are yellow.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

(Btw i'll copy the rest off of Wikipedia if u don't mind.)

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

History

The origin of the lemon is unknown, though lemons are thought to have first grown in (a region in ), northern or . A genomic study of the lemon indicated it was a hybrid between (sour orange) and .

Lemons entered near southern no later than the second century AD, during the time of . However, they were not widely cultivated. They were later introduced to and then to and around 700 AD. The lemon was first recorded in literature in a 10th-century treatise on farming, and was also used as an ornamental plant in early . It was distributed widely throughout the Arab world and the between 1000 and 1150.

The first substantial cultivation of lemons in Europe began in in the middle of the 15th century. The lemon was later introduced to the in 1493 when brought lemon seeds to on his voyages. Spanish conquest throughout the New World helped spread lemon seeds. It was mainly used as an ornamental plant and for medicine. In the 19th century, lemons were increasingly planted in and.

In 1747, 's experiments on seamen suffering from involved adding lemon juice to their diets, though was not yet known as an important dietary ingredient.

The origin of the word lemon may be Middle Eastern. The word draws from the Old French limon, then Italian limone, from the Arabic laymūn or līmūn, and from the līmūn, a generic term for fruit, which is a cognate of Sanskrit (nimbū, "").

VarietiesDetailed taxonomic illustration by .

The 'Bonnie Brae' is oblong, smooth, thin-skinned and seedless. These are mostly grown in , USA.

The 'Eureka' grows year-round and abundantly. This is the common supermarket lemon, also known as 'Four Seasons' (Quatre Saisons) because of its ability to produce fruit and flowers together throughout the year. This variety is also available as a plant to domestic customers. There is also a , with a green and yellow outer skin.

The 'Femminello St. Teresa', or 'Sorrento' is native to Italy. This fruit's zest is high in lemon oils. It is the variety traditionally used in the making of .

The 'Yen Ben' is an Australasian cultivar.

Fin~