Falling over you

I think about four copies had come out when I heard someone coming. It was a male about eighteen. He was really tall maybe about 6-2, but I'm really short at 5-4 so he could have been a lot shorter and I wouldn't have known the difference. He had long dirty blonde hair. Most hockey players had long hair so that didn't really stand out. What stood out was his eyes, they were a soul piercing green. He looked at me a gave me a faint smile. "Hey." He said almost shyly. "Hello."  There wasn't much talking after that, he got his skates sharpened and then left. This surprised me I am so used to having those type of guys not stop talking to me. You see, most of the girls that hang around those guys, are all over them and hang around by the showers. I was one of the few that was different, they just didn't appeal to me, then again I've never had an guy actually appeal to me.

        I sat making copies for what had felt like hours, but I guess it hadn't been that long. I walked out of  the equipment room trying to straighten out the papers. I wasn't looking where I was going. All of the sudden I tripped over something that hadn't been there before. I fell falling face first into the ground. I dropped the papers to catch myself. I didn't hit the ground, but my papers did. I turned around to see another hockey player, of course he tripped me on purpose, at least that is what it seemed like. "Oh my gosh, I am so sorry let me pick up the papers for you." He said genuinely sorry. "I can get some of them. It was my fault I wasn't paying attention to where I was going." What did I just say? Oh no this was bad. 'No, I should have been watching where I was going. I'm Ben." He replied "My names Rayne." I said knowing I would have to explain it. "Rayne? with a y and an e. I've heard so much about you." Wait hold on a second, did he just explain my own name to me? I think he did. What was that last part again? He's heard so much about me?  

        Well, that was strange. I needed to get some fresh air and clear my head. I stepped outside for a moment, before I heard my phone go off. I pulled it out and read the name that came across the screen, Sarah. Ugh, reluctantly I hit answer."Hey, where are you? Can you come help me bring merchandise to the front?" She almost yelled into the phone. "Sure." I replied. I tried to sound cheerful about it, but moving merchandise was not exactly the best job. It was lifting a bunch of heavy boxes all the way across the rink. When you are five feet four inches It quite difficult to move boxes that weigh more than you do. I slowly headed inside, I might as well get this over with.