Level Twenty-Three

I look over my shoulder and see the surface of the lake ripple. The waves crash against the shore and I look back at Cinda and Takashi.

"That didn't sound good..."

And suddenly, right in front of me, a massive object rises from the lake. Its wings are each at least as wide as four of me. Its underbelly is a lighter blue, while its upper scales are a more menacing  cobalt color. It pushes itself onto the surface of the lake and spreads its wings. Then it roars. I can see its teeth; they're sparkling white, but the tips are an acidic green. And there are so many of them, I think I might faint and die right here.

The Mizu Dragon.

I get myself together and draw my sword, pointing it at the Dragon.  Takashi and Cinda do the same. Both of them look as terrified as I am. The Dragon's Health Meter appears above its head. It's only one, but I get the feeling there are more tricks up its sleeve than I know about.

The Mizu stands on all fours, barely making a ripple on the lake. Great. It can walk on water. Just one more thing that might get us killed. Wonderful. It roars at us once more and opens its mouth. I can see its throat glowing orange as if it were about to spit fire. Instead it breathes water straight at us. We jump to the side, but Takashi is too slow. As he rolls to the right, his left hand gets a few drops of water on it. He screams in pain and his Health Meter drops a little.

"The water burns!" he yells. "Scatter!"