Truth

Cody sat on the second bed, waiting for me to talk.

"So, uh. I don't want this to come across as weird, or creepy or anything but..."

Just say it Noah! Spit. It. Out!

"I like you, Cody."

Cody's teal eyes grew wide. "What?"

I looked down. "I'm sorry Cody, I should have told you sooner, but I couldn't bring myself to."

"Does this mean you're gay?" Cody asked, his voice trembling. I nodded.

"I'm surprised you didn't find that out the first time you saw me." I looked up at Cody, "I don't want this to ruin our friendship Cody. I just didn't know how to tell you."

Cody stayed silent.

"It's okay if you don't want to stay friends. I get it." I knew that Cody would say that he would just want to stay friends, but if he did, I wouldn't have an answer.

Oh Cody. I want to hold your hand and kiss you and call you mine, but I also want to be your friend that hangs out with you and laughs with you.

"W...well, uh."

I looked up at the sound of Cody's stuttering voice.

"I mean. I was going to tell you the same thing."

My heart started pounding. What? Really?

"What? Really?"

Cody nodded. "Yeah. I was planning to tell you just now as well, so that's why I left the pool early and ran all the way to your room."

I stood up. "So does that mean that we're dating now?"

Cody shrugged. "I guess, if that's what you want."

I nodded. "Yes. Yes that is what I want."

Cody stood up too, facing me. "Ever since you started visiting me in the infirmary, I knew that I liked you. You never know how much one small favor can do to one's feelings."

I chuckled. "Thanks Cody. I just wanted to help you. And I'm sorry I was mean to you on the island."

Cody waved. "Don't worry about it. It was kinda cute, to be honest."

He reached out his hand and I took it. "We should go on an adventure!" He said.

"What kind of adventure?"

"I dunno. Anywhere I guess."

I looked around, trying to think of what we could do.

"Uh, what about watching the stars on the roof? That's always fun."

Cody nodded enthusiastically. "That sounds amazing!"

As Cody pulled me to the door, I smiled.

I'm dating Cody Anderson.

Ahh! Sorry this chapter was so short! I didn't really have any idea of what to write for it, except for what's there.