two.

━━━━━━ that goddamm lighter

At exactly six thirty AM, five days out of the week, Jesse finds himself waking up for the same old shit. 

Ninety percent of the time, he'd burst through the school's front doors stoned out of his mind, with a gatorade bottle and a handful of different flavored chips stuffed in his backpack. Somehow, despite his lack of sobriety, his schoolwork was always finished and handed in on time, because if it wasn't ─ he'd be long gone by now. 

Today was no different, a clean, fresh Monday to start off the week and Jesse Trouvaille was already high as hell behind the bleachers of Forks High School. A pencil between his pointer and middle finger as he tapped the pink eraser on the clean, white lined page of his History notebook. 

Zhoung, Kol and Nikolai were shoving each other against the brick wall that hid all four of them from view, laughing loudly when one of them made an innuendo. Kol was coughing madly, his face a bright red as he forcefully let all the air out of his lungs, long fingers clenching the blunt that sat between them.

"Are you seriously working on shit for school?" This was Nikolai, who lifted a black eyebrow, licking his lips after.

 He stared at Jesse from head to toe, no doubt trying to see if he could detect a problem; he couldn't, so he let his gaze drop. Snatching the blunt away from Kol who absent-mindedly stared at a brown blade of grass, he inhaled, letting a bit of the smoke out of his mouth before he sucked it back in.

"Yes, I am," Jesse curtly stated, scribbling words in his notebook, looking back at his History textbook for reference as soon as he had forgotten the rest of the sentence he was writing down.

 "It's technically not due until next Monday but I already know that you guys are gonna drag me into some bullshit this week," He proceeded to shake his head, dark curls falling into his eyes.

Zhoung craned his neck in order to see exactly what Jesse was doing. His expression soured as soon as he read the heading to the passage.