Chapter 5

I put on my leather gloves before getting my black backpack from my bedroom floor. I let out a heavy sigh, trying to ease my nerve down, anticipating the mission that we are about to go on. Suddenly, the wooden floor cracks under Richard's leather boots. His steps stops just in front of me, I don't dare to move, not wanting to get closer but if I moved away, I might regret it.

"I got something for you" He says, his warm breath touching the skin of my right cheek. His right fist slowly came up to my eye level. Richard's deployed fingers revealing an earpiece.

"There's no metal in it, so no one will be able to detect it" His words softly speaking as he picks up the earpiece with his fingers, pushing my cherry red hair behind my right ear. He places the earpiece in my ear, his finger touching the thin skin in my ear. I keep looking away, at the floor, anywhere but him. But I can't ignore the heat that is radiating from his body being so close to mine, his musk tone cologne invading my nose as I slowly inhale trying to keep my calm. Trying to stop the urge from running away or to put a knife in his neck.

"Told you, I'll always be there" Richard whispers after letting go of my ear, his index finger slowly running down the side of my face. The warmth of his skin is contrasting with the coldness of mine. I slightly turn my head opposite to him, keeping my gaze to the floor.

In a breath, he took my jaw in his hand, not even using force, only using his strict manner.

"I know one day, you'll be crawling to me" Richard whispers again in my ear, his teeth clenched together as he spat his words, the bone of his nose against my skull. My eyes are now fixing at my level, looking at my bedroom door, only waiting for him to get out.

He slowly pull away from me, his hand moving from my jaw to the side of my face. His thumb making a soft stroke on my left cheek. I don't want to look at him, but I know that he must be smiling right now, proud to have made me flinch, proud to mess with my head, like usual.

"If you're ready we should get going, the helicopter will soon be ready" He explains getting back into his role and why he came in my room in the first place. He moves out of my way, I step in front of Richard and start to walk towards the door, the hallway, the stairs then making my way to the back of the building, my master keeper following my every steps. Before entering the departure area, I put my backpack on the floor, putting my combat boots on, the leather fabric coming all the way up to my knee. I put on the black parka that is hanging on the coat rack. It's cold in March, especially when you're up in the mountains like it is here. Richard leans against the wall behind me, I can feel his gaze on every move I make. He knows what I'm capable of, at least what I decide to show him.

I look at my right, looking inside the mansion hoping to see the other girls, but the corridor is empty, no sign of anyone approaching. I exhale and keep on zipping up my coat, putting a scarf and a beanie on my head.

"If you're looking for Isis and Nadia, they're already gone. For Akira and Lisa, they'll leave after you. Now hurry up Till's waiting for us" Richard tells, slightly surprising me, I didn't expect him to give me any information. He's getting weaker, meaning he is less wary when we're alone. I can use this as leverage when I get back from this mission, as if, I ever get back from Vienna alive.

I grab my backpack and start walking towards the helicopter. The ceiling starts to open up above us, revealing a blue sky, sun shinning bright as ever. It's a beautiful day of winter. I walk up to the helicopter, Till in the pilot seat. I put my backpack on the floor of the machine and sit beside Ruby who only glanced at me when I sit down. Richard closes the door behind me, slapping the metal two times with his hand signaling to Till that everything was alright for the take off. I look out the window at my left side, looking at Richard walking away from the helicopter's reach. Till's pushing on buttons and we start to feel the engine roar with a loud noise. We are used to this mode of transportation for our missions. As we start to go up, I keep my eyes on Richard, in hope to prove my point. And just like I expect him, he turns around to look at the helicopter take off until he can't see us. I can start to plan our escape since one of our keepers is starting to show some weakness. They taught us how to exploit feelings of our targets in order to manipulate them and to complete the missions, then why not turn it against them? I would be a fool not to try, or maybe trying would make me the crazy one.

During the flight, Till went over the details of our mission with us, putting emphasis on the fact that the target needs to get shot at a precise time and in the right context. After a few hours, we arrive in Vienna, the helicopter landing at the airport, being control as a private vehicle, just like if we are rich girls looking for a good time in the capital which is part true since it's our cover up.

"Don't disappoint us Killjoys" Till says, his voice not angry, nor joyful. Not expressing any emotions is even more scary. Ruby and I got out of the helicopter with our bags. We are met by the cold wind of winter, holding some particle of snow that wet my cheeks when it touches me. I can't help myself but smile at the scenery. If only we could escape with our fake identity. But they are made so that our keepers were the only one who can retrace us. They've built a web so tight our us. Letting us taste the feeling of freedom without ever letting us fully enjoy it nor ever letting us free.

A black Jaguar car is waiting for us on the parking of the airport. The driver opens the door for us, Ruby getting in the car first, I enter as I thank the driver. The mission is due to happen tomorrow night, so we have to built up our covers tonight so that it was perfectly believable. That's what they are paying our keepers for, for a good job, for the police to be misled all along.

We arrive at the hotel, the best in Vienna, we have to be convincing, being rich girls in their twenties, they would do the same. We got up to our room, which is a pure luxury, two queen beds, a living room, a kitchenette, and the biggest bathroom I've ever seen in my life. But the thing that I always like to do when it's possible is to go on the balcony. I push the thin white curtains on the side and franticly unlock the handle, I push it on the right. Then I feel the cold wind hit me, thankful that I kept my parka on. I step outside, hearing the snow crush beneath the weight of my feet. The view of the balcony is overlooking the city of Vienna, old buildings mixt with new construction are composing the scenery before my eyes. I lift my head up to the sky, letting the sun hit my skin, I can't help the smile spreading on my face as I exhale through my nose.

"Hey! At least close the door, it's getting cold in here" I hear Ruby say, I raise a brow while opening my eyes, turning in her direction. A smirk forming on my features, I start to walk towards her, she's settling her bag on the bed closer to the door after looking at the whole suite. I don't say a word and grab her hand gently as I pull her towards the balcony. Ruby starts to protest, saying that there's nothing special about this balcony, but I can hear her laugh in her voice.

"I mean, how can you not like this? We're practically on the roof, almost at the top of the world!" I exclaim looking at the city again, I turn and see a smiling Ruby, for the first time since we last came back from our previous mission.

"Yeah, the roof would be perfect for Lisa" She says, the smiles on our feature both disappear at the absence of the rest of our clan.

"Sorry to kill the vibe, I only wish we can all be together" Ruby excuse herself making her way back inside. I follow her, two steps behind, closing the door behind me. Finally getting some warmth.

"Don't be sorry. You're right, but I know we will all make it out of it" I tell her, sitting on the edge of the bed closer to the windows, opening the coat and letting it down on the covers. She sits on her bed, facing me.

"At least, Till isn't treating me that bad now. I mean, it's not like Schneider or Paul" On missions, the girls and I usually talk about how our master keeper is treating us, and now's my chance to share the information with my leader.

"Yeah, Paul is by far the worst! He's unpredictable, when you're taken by surprise it's always the worst. For my part, I think I'm starting to have Richard wrapped around my finger" I tell Ruby, making my index swirl with a smirk on my face in hope that I can use him for us to escape. Ruby's eyes becoming wide with a slight smirk on her luscious lips.

"When the right time comes, we'll share the info and execute the plan has we discussed it" She says pulling me in a hug. I put my arms around her body, my hands meeting on her back.