𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈

• 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢-𝚘𝚗𝚎 ; i'm so scared

𝚕. 𝚍𝚎 𝚕𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚢'𝚜 𝚙.𝚘.𝚟.

      "AND THEN WHAT HAPPENED?"

     "then i was... trying to call a cab to come take me home," i said, looking hotchner right in the eyes. "and it was cold. i went inside to wait and he was there."

      "you're absolutely sure that the suspect you saw was danny cooper?" rossi questioned, scribbling down some notes in a small notebook. he looked back up at me, with hotch's gaze never leaving my own. 

      "as i live and breathe." i assured. "i would know that face anywhere." 

      "of course you would," said hotch. "please, continue your story." 

      "i stumbled down the hall, and he grabbed me by my wrists. shoved me into a room. i was so fucking confused and-"

       "language, agent." hotchner said assertively, turning off his little recording device. i cared more that he still called me agent. 

       i sat up in my chair, adjusting my posture and fidgeting with my necklace. "of course. excuse me, it just makes me so angry, recalling it." and it did. i was beyond the point of self-pity and sadness. my best friend was dead. and i don't know if it was because i had Spencer by my side again, or just because i was sick of being the damsel in distress, but i was mad and ready to avenge my friend. to lock up the heinous man that ended his life. 

       "danny pulled me into a bedroom. slammed me on the bed, overpowered me and held me down. smelled like alcohol, asked me what was going on between archer and i." i said, placing my hands in my lap. 

       "was there anything going on between the two of you?" rossi asked.

       "no, there wasn't supposed to be. but right before he died, at the party, archie... he kissed me. on the back porch. it was completely out of the blue, and i definitely was not expecting it and-" 

         "is it possible daniel could have witnessed this?" hotch interrupted. 

         were they ever gonna let me finish a sentence? 

        "i was getting to that. no, not that i know of. i didn't see him for the entirety of the party, i'm sure of it. anyway... i tried calling for jameson. he told me that he wouldn't be coming. he claimed he saw the kiss. swear on my father's grave we were the only ones on that porch. he went on and on about how mistreated he felt in our relationship, trying to make me feel guilty. and then i called for spencer, honestly. i was desperate. that's when he got off of me and told me to go find archie." i explained, exchanging my eye contact between the two men. 

       "can you briefly describe the crime scene, for any discrepancy's sake?" hotchner asked, lifting up his copy of the case file to review the photographs out of my sight. 

        "i walked in the room at the end of the hallway. the lights were out. when i was feeling around for the switch, the walls were wet. turned on the lights and there was blood, it was everywhere. fucking everywhere." 

       "language, last warning." hotchner said, turning off the recording device. 

       "bite me." 

       he turned it back on. 

      "there was so much... blood. and he was just, there. on the floor, bleeding to death. i'm gonna be honest, i didn't get a good look at the entire room. didn't notice anything out of the ordinary besides the blood. but i saw he was still breathing. i tried talking to him, to keep him responsive. it only worked for so long. i was holding his hand when he died."