Silence the voices in his head

A/N: Important! This story contains mention of suicide, self harm, self hate, eating disorder and more. Read at your own risk! It took a lot for me to write this story, and it means a lot to me in different ways.. I've written it on my own experiences and thoughts. I hope you guys like it. Please as always, tell me what you think. Much love! <3

He honestly has no idea how it started. It had been an accident at first. The very first time it happened, he hadn't meant to. It kinda just happened.

He was searching through his bag when he felt a pint of pain. He had pulled his hand out and a drop of blood dropped onto his bed. It had been weird. At first it hurt, but the more he sat and stared at his finger, the more he started liking the feeling. It was like he could finally breath again.

When he finally got out of his trance from staring at the blood dripping down his finger, he realized what had happened. He looked into his bag and sure enough there the broken sharpener laid.

It had broken at school and he had thrown it into his bag carelessly.

He reach his other hand into the bag and grab the blade that is usually locked into the sharpener. He stare at it for a few minutes before looking down at his wrist.

It had seemed like a good idea at the moment. He wanted to feel the pain again, he wanted to breath just once more. After that he would throw it in the trash and never use it, right? That's what he told himself anyway.

He dragged the blade across his wrist and saw the blood appear in a thin line. He did it again, right under the first line. And then again, and again. Soon he had five straight lines dripping with blood. He had taken a deep breath and a sob escaped his lips as he realized that this is exactly what he had needed.

He had slipped out of the trace, dropped the blade to the bed and walked into the bathroom. He washed the scars and hissed a little. Then he wrapped his wrist in a bandage and when his dad asked him later that day, he had lied and said: "I was cutting veggies and my hand slipped."

Three years later:

Stiles was 14 the first time he did it. He had promised himself that it would've been the first and last time. Everything doesn't always go after the plan though right?

The scars had started to fade and he felt empty without them, so he had ruined his new sharpener, and he had dragged the blade across his wrist again.

And now, now it's a daily thing.

It's the middle of July and it's a hot day in Beacon Hills. "The hottest day in five years", they said on the news.

Stiles is with his pack at the lake in the woods.

The pack consist of: Scott and Isaac, who's dating. Erica and Boyd, who's dating. Lydia and Allison, who's dating. Malia and Kira, who's dating. Cora, who's single. Derek. And Stiles of course.

Derek who Stiles has the biggest crush on, which he will never admit out loud.

Everyone but Derek, Stiles and Lydia is in the lake. Swimming, playing with a ball or splashing water at each other.

Derek's laying in a sun chair reading a book.

Lydia's laying in a sun chair tanning.

Stiles is sitting on the ground, sweating his ass off. He's wearing jeans and a hoodie.

Scott had told him to wear swim shorts and maybe a t-shirt, but Stiles can't do that.

He can't do that because then the pack will see his scars.