Chapter 6

Katelyn woke up and looked at Travis, who had an arm draped across her as he slept. She smiled. He looked so cute sleeping. Trying not to disturb him, Katelyn grabbed her phone and texted Lucinda.

################################

Katelyn: Hey Lucinda

Lucinda: Hey Katelyn. What's up?

Katelyn: Travis and I are going to be going to the police station to check something out. I was wondering, that since we haven't hung out lately, that you'd like to come and hang out for a while.

Lucinda: Sounds fun! I'd love to. What time would you like me to come over?

Katelyn: Come over in an hour or so

Lucinda: Alright! I'll see you later then

################################

Travis whined a little bit in his sleep and she stroked his hair. She didn't want to wake him up, but they had to get ready to go.

"Travis, you need to wake up." Katelyn whispered.

Travis's eyes opened the teeniest bit. "Why though?"

She stroked his head. "We have to go to the police station. Do you want to figure out what's going on with Laurance?"

"Yes, but I wanna sleep." Travis complained.

"Come on, Lucinda will be over soon. She's coming with us." Kateyn said.

Travis squirmed. "Okay."

"Thank you. Now get up so we can go." Katelyn said.

They got up and dressed. They headed back downstairs and got some breakfast. After eating, they waited on the couch for Lucinda. The doorbell rang and Lucinda came in.

"Hey guys." Lucinda greeted.

"Heeyy, Lucinda!" Travis said. Katelyln smacked him on the back of his head.

"You ready to go Lucinda?" Katelyn asked.

"Sure. Let's get in the car." Lucinda said.

They headed outside and got in Katelyn's car. Travis sat in the back, allowing the girls to sit in the front and talk.

"So, what exactly are we going to the police station for?" Lucinda asked.

"You wont believe us if we told you." Travis said.

"Try me. Remember, we all went to Starlight. We have all seen impossible things." Lucinda challenged.

Katelyn looked at Travis in the mirror, he shrugged.

"Laurance is alive." Katelyn said.

Lucinda's face twisted into a frown. "That's not funny. Why would you joke about that?"

"This isn't a joke Lucinda. We saw him yesterday." Travis said.

"How? You all saw him die. Even coming back to life isn't impossible." Lucinda said.

Katelyn went on to explain what they saw yesterday. "The director even mentioned that his name was Laurance. So we are going to the police station to see the footage that Xavier said they had. Don't tell any of this to Garroth. We don't want to upset him."

"This is weird. How is that possible? Only Aph has come back, and she said that there was no chance that could happen again." Lucinda said.

"That's why we are going to see the footage." Travis said.

"Does Zane or Vylad know?"

"We told Zane yesterday. We didn't risk telling Vylad, because we didn't want Garroth overhearing us." Katelyn answered.