Chapter 2

"Garroth, wake up, we have to go in twenty minutes!" Vylad called from downstairs.

Garroth sat strait up in bed. Finally, today was the day. Their court date against Xavier was today. Finally he would pay for killing Laurance.

He got up and got in a wrinkled suit and some nice shoes, the same outfit he went to Laurance's funeral in, and headed downstairs where Dante and Vylad were talking.

"Hey Garroth. You got up quick." Dante said.

"I'm just excited to have Xavier get what he deserves." Garroth said.

"I think we all are." Vylad said. "If we don't screw anything up, we should get something out of it."

"What exactly are we going to do there?" Garroth asked.

"Leave that to me and Zane. We've been doing research to make sure we win this case." Vylad said.

"You gonna be okay being up all day again Dante. You were up all day yesterday, then pulled an all nighter at work. You'll be up all day again." Garroth asked.

"I'm all right. I'm on lots of coffee." Dante said.

"Don't push yourself too much." Vylad said.

"I'll be fine. I can get some sleep after." Dante said.

They finished getting ready and headed to the cars.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

The alarm clock went off an hour before it was time to go. Zane hit the snooze button and turned to Nana who was looking back at him with tired eyes.

"Hey. How are you feeling this morning?" Zane asked.

"I'm okay for the most part. You ready for today?" Nana wondered.

"I am. Finally, revenge." Zane said.

Nana rolled her eyes then covered her mouth, her face turning green. "On second thought on being okay." She jumped out from the bed and ran to the bathroom. Zane got out of bed and followed her.

He held her hair as she threw up into the toilet. Her face was green. Zane knelt to Nana as she stayed facing the toilet bowl. "You sure you don't want to stay home for the trial? If you're not feeling good, I don't want to force you to do anything." Zane said.

"N-n-no. I'm fine. I can still go. I want to be there when that bozo gets what he deserves." Nana insisted.

"Okay then. But if you aren't feeling good, you'll let me know and you'll stay home okay? I don't want you to danger you or him. All right?"

"I promise. I really do." Nana promised.

"I'm going to get a quick breakfast for you. Want anything special?" Zane asked.

"I'll just have a turkey sandwich." Nana said.

Zane patted her back. "I'll be right back. You stay here."

Nana nodded as Zane left the room. Zane looked at the locked room as he went downstairs to the kitchen and smiled. He couldn't wait for their turn for hosting game day next week.

He made the sandwiches and headed back up where Nana was getting in a dress. "Here you go." Zane said, handing her the sandwich as he kissed her.

"But I don't want turkey!" Nana complained. "I wanted tuna!"

Zane smiled. "I'll go get you a tuna sandwich then."

After doing this a few more times, Nana finally ate the sandwich. (She decided on turkey.) Zane got on a suit, grabbed some files, and they headed outside to the car where everyone was getting into their cars. Lucinda, Kim, and Ghost couldn't come due to running a business. After confirming that everyone was ready to go, they all headed to the courthouse.