Chapter 1

Heya so this is my new story check out my other one as well it's called 'secrets in the shadows' anyway enjoy.....

Kayley’s POV

I sighed as I looked through my wardrobe. I was being forced to go to a stupid dinner with the rest of my family. Oh well at least I’ll get to see Dan, these past few months I’ve only seen him a couple of times. I glanced over at my phone as it made a guitar sound  it was a text from Amelia, she’s my little sister who’s twenty,

What time should we be at the restraunt?!?” I sent her a quick text back..

“About six thirtyish. Is Adam coming with you then?!?”

I turned my attention back to my wardrobe sifting through my clothes I came across an old white ruffled short sleeved top, I picked that out with my high waisted black flowy skirt along with my Chanel black blazer and Gucci heels. I did my makeup going for a natural look and put my hair up into a bun. I was ready I think...Just then my phone made another guitar noise.

“Yes, he is. I’m going to tell them all that I dropped out of college and I’m moving to New York with Adam?!?” I can’t believe she did that. I was the first person in our family to know about it and I definitely didn’t approve of it.

******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

An hour later I was standing in the foyer of some fancy restraunt waiting for the rest of my family to show up. My Mom, Amelia, Adam and my aunt Olivia were all waiting for: John my brother; my Dad and Dan my boyfriend. I was nervously fidgeting switching from foot.

“I might go phone your father to see where he is.” Mom said hurriedly walking away whilst digging through her bag to find her phone.

“I’ll go look out front again to see if John’s here yet.” Amelia said Aunt Olivia went with her so I was left with Adam… Gosh this is awkward I looked in my bright red bag for my phone.

“I’m just going to call my boyfriend. To see how far away he is.” Right as I said that my phone started playing ‘the time (dirty bit)’ by black eyed peas. I rolled my eyes as I saw who was calling- it was Dan typical.

“Hey where are you?” I said as I picked up the phone

Hi babe, I had to fly to Chicago last minute. My Gran’s ill and since my grandpa is away on a business trip and Mom and Dad are in Paris, I have to look after her. I’m sorry babe I know how much this dinner means to you”

“It’s fine. You’re looking after your Gran after all. I’ll be able to get through it without you as long as John hurries up and gets his lazy ass over here!”

“Hahahahaha, well have fun babe.”

“Will do, I hope your Gran gets better.”

“Me too. Bye.” I chuckled as he hung up the phone. I went back to over where we were all waiting and informed my family that Dan wouldn’t be joining us today because his Gran was ill and he had to look after her. It was then that I saw John coming towards us; I excused myself from the conversation and ran over to him squealing with glee. He wrapped me in a massive bear hug enveloping me in his warm woodsy scent.

“Let’s take a walk, I need to tell you something.” He said as we walked off into the restraunts’ garden…

We walked past the delicate water fountain, past the flower garden until we stopped by a small pond. I looked around me while he talked.

“I’m engaged, to a wonderful girl named Sophia,” he spoke so softly that I couldn’t hear him at first but then I acknowledged it and beamed at him. “She’s pregnant and I’ve been offered a permanent placement from where I’ve been interning; I’m going to take it.” He continued talking. I nodded my head slowly taking it all in.

“I have some news too, I’ve been offered an internship in the Whitehouse and I intend to accept it.” I told him. I looked up at him then and it was the first time in a long time that I couldn’t tell what was going through his mind. We were always close when we were growing up and could always tell what was going through the other ones mind – but tonight I couldn’t.

Ta da my first chapter of this story up VOTE, Comment and FAN me if you liked this...