Chapter 26.

ANDRÉ

Shit! I should have checked my phone the moment it beeped. Her spending that much time in the restroom was becoming alarming. I had a nagging feling that something was wrong but I ignored it.

ABC-2735. HELP. KIDNAP. The message read. 

It's been two days now and I have not been able to get anything on her location.

The vehicle number was traced and discovered to be a stolen vehicle that has been on the look out for months now.

Wait, I placed a network tracker in her phone. I inform Lucas who immediately calls Arnold, our IT guy.

"Have you tried tracking her number?" He asks him.

"Send it in." Lucas gestures for me to do that immediately. I did not need to be told twice, good thing the phone's speaker is turned on. Our reply is silence at his end of the phone.

"Give me 5."

"Alright." Lucas ends the call and I keep tapping my desk in worry. Hope she's alright. I swear, whoever did this will pay greatly.

"You need to stay calm, bro." Fabian tries to calm me down. I really appreciate him being here. He's supposed to be with his wife and child right now but he's here with me. Talk about real friends. The phone rings and he picks it up sharply.

"I have gotten a location. Hacked into the CCTV and the vehicle number adds up. However, the footage ends at a bush path. Nothing can be seen beyond, we would need physical surveillance." He says.

"Thanks, Arnold. Send in the details."

"On that already. Check your mails, it has delivered." That was fast.

"I owe you one." He says in relief.

"Go get your girl, boss." He replies, referring to me.

"What's the latest?" They ask as I check the mail sent to my phone.

"Get ready, we have a long road trip to take." I inform them.

"We need to strategize.  Clear your head, André. I understand it's not easy having the one you love at the mercy of some kidnappers but you need to be calm. We can't just burst in like that!" Lucas says, forcing me to sit.

"We leave tomorrow by 7am. Now, let's lay down some strategies." He continues, looking at each of us in our eyes.

.....

We arrive at the last location that the tracker could access, it's a bushy part with different conected path ways.

Using our instincts, we continue moving forward observing from the tracks that it's the most steep, which could mean that it is the path that vehicles usually take.

After Fifteen minutes of driving and almost losing hope, an uncompleted  building comes in view.  We reverse and park the car at a safe space to avoid attention to ourselves then sneak into the bushes in position not forgetting to send a location to the police force.

The place is guarded by five hefty guys. All we need to do is aim right and shoot them.

I pick up the bow and arrow laced with a drug that could knock them down temporarily and carefully aim at the five guys. Yes, I'm skiled at archery, combined with military trainings which we paid to be taught. It's all for self defense and for accomplishing tasks as LETHAL.

We move pass the guys and ensure they are unconscious before stepping inside. The uncompleted building was just a decoy because in the middle stood another building which I believe my baby is being held hostage in.