Junior year (part 1)

"Shisopanayana" is the word for fresher's day in my college....
So after all the discussions I made a decision. A decision of shifting my profession. All I wanted to be was a good doctor. At that point of time I really did not care for anyone. Neither friends nor parents crossed my mind. All I could think was about myself and my dreams.
It was 3rd of October, I woke up early in the morning and went for a jog in ITI park. My friend Divyani and I had fun, as always. We had set a routine of walking upto 10k steps a day. We achieved it and then had breakfast. Little did she know that it was my last day of jog. I was happy and normal as all days. Then I came back home packed my bags and left to my secret destination on 4th of October. Well it dint hurt much. Your past and present people don't bother you much when you start living for yourself. Life had hit me hard. So nothing bothered me. That day I slept dreaming of the next day.

First day of medical college, The day I always looked forward to since I was 14. The dream is coming true but I was 21. Oouch moment! I told you life has hit me hard. But I dint care. I woke up early. Imagined myself treating a patient while brushing my teeth, taking bath, having breakfast. Ok realised that was too much. Now I had to travel for 3 hours. The distance between my home and college was just 50 odd kms but the traffic made it a 3 hr sick journey. Neither my dad's taunts nor my mom's goodwill bothered me. All I could think of was wearing white apron and treating people.
The subjects were tough and interesting, dissecting a body was like dream come true. Just imagine cutting the body open and taking out organs! As a normal person it sounds gross but as a medical students that's a complete new feeling. Shisopanayana was over even before I realised!

          1st year of degree is one of the memorable years a student has. It is a start of new journey. Your old friends get replaced by new ones, your big school bags become baby degree bags, your long and oily hair changes to short silky hair. But it was different for me. Though it was my first time in a medical college it was all common to me. Only difference was anything that related to academics. Except for academics part I had more fun in my previous degree.

My college had cultural week and sports week after 2 months of college. This was purely to lure students to not quit the college. This was meant to have fun. It was super fun but marked a turning point of life here. This fest was to turn my life upside down later. But I never realised it there. My friends and I took part in everything. It was like we never left stage. It was meant to angry my seniors and we had somewhat succeed in it. The best part was we even won few competitions. One of my classmates offered me a role in his drama. Oh! This was a nightmare. I got a role 5 mins before it actually started. But it was so simple - all I had to do is stand up and wave and smile and sit! That's it! One of the most embarrassing moments of life. This role of mine started fire in a broken heart ....! A boy behind the camera clicking pics of this crappy drama.