Chapter 24

Blake

It's been two weeks since Lia agreed to become the team's manager and I couldn't be happier. I love it. She's the best encouragement I could get, she brings the best out of me, she motivates me to be even better than I already am.

Not to mention the fact that Lia is the best manager ever. She was made for this job. She's a natural caretaker and she clearly cares about the guys from the team. She treats them like kids sometimes, but it's rather amusing than annoying.

"Okay, ladies! Huddle up! – the coach hollers after we're done with the warm up – Lia, wanna break the news?" He turns to my girl with a smirk.

My kitten just chuckles before turning to us. "Alright. I arranged a practice match for you guys." She announces casually, getting shocked looks from pretty much everyone. But I am not surprised. My girl is amazing.

Coach smirks darkly. "Tell them who they'll be playing against, Lia." He gives us a wide teasing grin.

Lia only wiggles her brows playfully, smiling at us. "USC." She states, leaving us all speechless. The Trojans, really?!

"I have no idea how our dear manager managed to do that so fast, but she already arranged the transport and accommodation for the team and the cheer squad. We'll leave on Friday afternoon, stay the night in a hotel our sweet manager got for us, play the Trojans on Saturday and come back on Sunday, so you will be able to rest and have some free time. But no funny business, I'm not fucking babysitting you." Coach sounds impressed with my girl as he explains everything. That's my girl. I am so proud of her.

"The buses will be waiting for you in the parking lot. The plan is to leave at 2 pm sharp, so don't be late. There are some of you that have classes at that time, but I've already talked to your professors so you're good to go. The drive to Los Angeles will take about 7 hours, including the breaks. We should arrive at the USC Hotel around 9 pm, depending on the traffic, so you're going to go straight to beds, like the good kids I know you are. Then you'll have the whole Saturday to prepare for the game. The match is scheduled for 7 pm, so there'll be plenty of time for you to have your fun. After that you'll have free time before we come back on Sunday. Any questions?"

"How did you manage to arrange the game?" I raise my brow questioningly at her, asking the one question that I'm sure everyone is thinking about.

"I may or may not know the captain of the Trojans." She smirks teasingly.

That sends the team into frenzy. "What?! How?!" The guys exclaim in pure shock.

Lia, being Lia, just shrugs, not revealing anything. I don't miss the coach's curious look, but I know my girl won't say anything she doesn't want to say. Guess I'll just to ask her later, when we're alone.

"Okay, ladies. Now that you heard the news, get back to training." Coach commands loudly and I watch as Lia goes back to her bench, taking out her clipboard and noting something down. She must feel my gaze on her, since she raises her head and blows me a kiss. I wink at her, returning the gesture before getting pulled away by David.

"Come on, man, enough of your lovey-dovey shit." He grumbles, dragging me to the field.

The practice goes as usual, except for the occasional mentions of the upcoming game. The coach seems determined to kill us today, but it's not as bad as it would be without my girl here. She watches us like a hawk, blowing me a kiss whenever I catch her gaze. It annoys the guys, but they don't bother commenting, knowing it won't change anything.

Once the practice's over, we head to the changing rooms, while Lia talks to the coach about something. The guys keep talking about how awesome my girl is and how good she is at her work. It makes me so proud to hear how impressed they are and how they love her. I've said it many times, but... my girl's amazing.