sweet mother

today would mark the anniversary that my mom has been gone...4 years out of my life.. I guess that life does work in mysterious ways. I'm lucky enough to have one memory of my mother that I will NEVER forget. It was a Sunday afternoon and me and my sister were swimming in the pool and mother comes out with a tray, its got two glasses of strawberry lemonade, and a ham sandwich cut in two for me and my sister. We begin to make our way out of the pool and mother looses balance and falls straight into the pool with the whole tray. My sister and I just stared at each other as we sat on the edge of the pool just wondering what was going to happen when she rose up out of the water. As she rose up from the watery waves and she just smiled and laughed like she didn't just embarrass herself in front of her daughters. She climbed out of the pool looked over at the floating tray and destroyed soggy sandwich and she busted out into laughter. We knew that she wasn't embarrassed, she found it funny that she - a grown woman would loose her balance and slip into the pool. 

When she calmed down and stopped laughing she brought us towels so we could dry off before entering the house and she simply said "Don't worry girls, Mother will make you a new sandwich and it will taste even better than that soggy no good pool floatie."  

That was the day I also realized, My mother had jokes. Mother where ever you are I just want you to know that there's not a day that goes by when I don't think of you. Rest easy, A beautiful soul like yours deserves it.