Chapter 1: Failing

Avani's pov:

*BEEP BEEP BEEP*

"God, that alarm could wake up the dead." I roll  over and press the stop button on my phone for the alarm. I sighed and sat up in bed, scrolling through my phone.

I'm a senior in high school. For a while I had amazing grades, my gpa was a 4.0. Now, I could careless about school, to the point where I was failing English. I pulled myself out of bed and went into my bathroom. I turned on my shower and picked out my outfit for the day.

I wasn't planning on going to college

I wasn't planning on going to college. I'm a photographer, and I was just tired of the school system. I went to school to get out the house and came back home. It was my daily routine.

I went downstairs with my bag and motorcycle helmet. I wasn't a car person, saying that as I was a little was ironic but it was true. so I saved up money for a motorcycle. I went into the kitchen, My mom was at the table drinking coffee. She shot me a look right when I went there. I grabbed an apple from the fruit bowl and bit into it.

"Avani... I got an email from your English teacher. You're failing. How can you have a 35??? You speak English, how can you be doing bad in it!"

"Mom, it's not all that bad. It's only the middle of the school year. I have time."

"Yeah, thats what they all say until you have to walk across the stage and move on with your life. You haven't even been picking out colleges! I want you to find a tutor. Someone in your school who can help you."

"What! Mom no! No one is gonna want to and I told you I'm not going to college. I make money by taking photos. You don't even know how much I have saved up."

"It doesn't matter, just one that can help you 3 day's out the week. Now go, or you're gonna be late."

I sighed and grabbed my bag, hopping on my motorcycle and running my fingers through my hair. My mom was always harsh on me. I just wanted to get out the house and move into an apartment.

I started my motorcycle and put my helmet on and drove to school, parking in my parking spot. We had a half our till first period, so I decided to go to my favorite teachers classroom to print out a flyer for my tutor. This school was filled with awful kids, but there had to be someone. My social media pages were for photography, so posting it online wasn't an option.

I went to room 107, Mrs.Media's classroom. She was my graphic design teacher. I met her in 9th grade, and she always let me hang out in her classroom and she was such a great teacher.

"My mother is crazy! And she wonders why I'm always leaving the house." I walked in her classroom and saw her at her desk, grading papers. I plopped my bookbag and helmet on the floor and went to the computer I'm always at.

"Well good morning to you too Ms.Avani. What was it today huh?" She looked up at me for a second and chuckled.

"She nags me about going to college. Plus I'm failing English, I have to find a tutor." I went on google docs and started to type out a flyer for a tutor.