Part I

Chapter 1 Kennedy

I took a final sweep of the room, tilted my face slightly to ensure that the camera captured me and the harp at the best angle. I played the melodies that my fan base expected, pop music flowed. I closed my eyes and imagined their eyes being clued to the image of me with my platinum blond hair, tinged with hints of pink at the ends and dark honey coloured skin. I wore an emerald crown to compliment, the the dark green sequenced dress with silver wings made of lace and silk, a mechanism ensured they fluttered slowly with every note that I played.

This was empowering, I was in total control of what they saw.Dark starlight was my character name. I became her, for my fans and they adored me.Sure there were some weirdos that sent pick up lines but I could care less. I floated on a cloud and was untouched, pure and sweet as dark starlight. Their eyes branded me, made me invincible.

Afterwards I laid in bed and read the comments."Gorgeous."Absolutely beautiful". 3000 000 likes , 700000 shares, I smiled, euphoric with the thrill. This is what I craved to be infamous. Forever immortalized, on the videos that entertain the masses. They lavished adoration on my fairy angel harp player persona. I stood and headed towards the bathroom. Two small green and white capsules waited for me on the bathroom cupboard.

I am startled when his voice boomed loudly. "Good work Starlight, you did well," he said. He had a deep, powerful voice, he never yelled, yet every word uttered had authority. Pure power was laced in the tone if his voice. His physical appearance matched the booming voice that praised us for every achievement and punished us for every mistake. He was a man that exuded an air of recklessness.

Our survival in the house depended on his favour and he was frivolous with his favorite. Today you are queen tommorow you are trash.

All of us were orphans that he took under his protection. There were four angels. There was Bubblegum pop angel, she was  a disco angel, fairy with rainbow coloured hair and clothes.She was a gymnast. She only had 2000000 followers. Then there was Firefly angel, she juggled. She only had 6000000 followers. Then there was Megatron Angel, the "warrior" she was my biggest competitor and also a big pain in my ass. We were all adopted by the commander. Four street urchins. He ensured that I had harp lessons and the others had lessons as well. All of us had to ensure that we performed each of specializations talents to perfection or there would be no food. It wasn't so bad really to be a live doll in the commander's doll house. He had cameras installed in every corner of the house.

We always knew that he watched. Whenever we were among the public we called him daddy. He was a rich and powerful man that manufactured stars for a living. He had a wife that was a model. She never came to this house.

We were based in South Africa on a wild farm in the Karoo. A very remote location. We were home schooled by a teachers that were vetted by him. They taught their lessons and left. They never interacted with us any more than necessary. When we were younger, we use to have lessons together but after Lynne's 14th birthday she was separated from us and she became the first angel fairy known as Megatron Angel. We only saw her on YouTube, he streamed her live channel on all the tv's in the house, it was the only thing we were allowed to watch. He separated me next because I was the second eldest. I remember how lost I felt fron the others but then when I became Dark starlight I had my viewers and gradually that became what mattered the most.

He flew to America for business, only when he had to but mostly he wanted to be close to us and watch. His own personal zoo. Sometimes though he looked at us intensely and my stomach would turn because he looked at us, like he was waiting for something.

My days were all the same. Sometimes it felt like I was never part of the real world. I wanted to feel fear but I just couldn't because the one question I never asked myself was. What was the commander waiting for?....