Chapter One

The world began to turn red as the ground began to shake. Buildings and towers erupt in flames as the shaking unleashed molten fires from beneath the modernized surface.
    The sky lost all color, and the sun appeared to turn away in fear. A darkened shadow filled the streets of the city. Screams burst through the silence as crimson eyes revealed themselves in the shadows.
    Bodies lined the streets as the savages stole their very souls. The entire process became burned into every human eyes. It was something you would never forget, watching someone die from the inside out.

    Slowly, Heaven looked down upon the Earth again. The sun filled the streets, but Earth was no longer ours. Monsters and creatures claimed it for themselves. Our buildings were burned to mere ashes beneath his wake. His wraith. 
    Trees had withered into collections of ash. Flowers turned black from the stains of Hell. Grass no longer grew. Water turned red. It rained no more to grow crops or food. We became the food.
He changed our world.

    He and his kind. He brought them here. He knew what he was doing. He knew the consequences for bringing a predatory race to a world with no knowledge of its kind. He knew and welcomed the anarchy.
    He was a monster on all accounts. A demon. A ruler. The leader.

    I met him once. He had the children lined up in a row for him to analyse. Those of us who were sent to die, and those who were sent to serve. He looked into my eyes. My fearless, revengeful eyes. He saw something. Something he had yet to see.
    I still remember how his dark, soothing voice said it. I was the first. The first who was sent to die.
    I heard my older sister's screams as a demon dragged me away. He called himself a king. I studied kings. Kings didn't kill innocents. Kings didn't harm. He was no king.
    Kings did not let demons burn the souls out of humans. Kings did not scare children at night. Kings did not force innocent children to work. Kings did not give children fear for their lives. Kings did not make children afraid of a demon's fire.

    I survived. I helped people escape. I was the first who was sent to die, and I was the first to escape. I no longer exist. I am the one he fears. I am the Perished.

    The first of the dead children who survived.