6| pastry shop

Jaemin pov

"It'd be really weird if I held his hand wouldn't it" I thought to myself as we strolled down the concrete path one headphone in mine one in his.

I looked down to see him smiling and humming along to the song we were listening too.

"He looks so cute, his hands look so soft " i thought to myself while fondly looking down at him then his small hands.

He must have felt my gaze on him because he looked down at his hands and then up at me.

"So pretty" I confessed, I thought I said it in my head but I obviously didn't when he looked up at me

"Thanks Nana" he said with the most heart warming smile, I think I may have a guy crush on Injun.... Just a guy crush, (more like a gay crush sjsjsjsj sorry)

"Right?"

Renjun pov

He was blushing, why? , I only thanked him.

As we continued down the street he would occasionally gaze at my hands, I wondered why.

Untill he reached down and intertwined our fingers.

His hands are so big compared to mine ...

And warm

Jaemin pov

"Holy shit I'm sorry" I said pulling my hands away "I didn't mea- my hands we cold i-" before I could say anything more he relinked our hands.

He smiled up at me, I swear my soul left my body.

"Don't worry my hands are cold too" he smirked looking down at the ground as we continued walking to the pastry shop.

He had the cutest oversized hoodie on so you couldn't really tell we were holding hands.

He looks so small and cuddly

He suddenly looked up as a grin emerged on his face he said "y'know Nana I don't know if we should hold hands you dad might ThInK sOmEtHiNg " in a sassy tone.

I almost physically died laughing at his remark, I smiled at him and gripped onto his hand tighter.

3rd person pov

"We're here !" Jaemin said as the pair walked inside the store hands still intertwined.

Renjun's eyes were sparkling as he looked around at all the French deserts lined on the shelf.

The taller looked at him admiring the smallers features before they needed interrupted by a voice coming from behind,

"Hi! how can I help you "

They turned to see a lady probably in her late 40s she must have recognised Jaemin because she gave him a hug causing the boys hands to unlink.

"Jaemin ah how's your mother she hasn't come to the shop in a while " this question caused the tallers smile to drop

"Mum and dad are getting a divorce" he said in tone that could break anyone's heart. "Awhhh Jaeminn I'm so sorry" she engulfed him in a hug. He trembled in her embrace.

But all Jaemin really wanted was a hug

Not from her

From Renjun

And all Renjun wanted to do was hug him too.

The two broke the embrace as Jaemin sniffled he began to speak "I actually came here with my friend to get some pastrys " he said causing the woman to gaze at Renjun who was located next to Jaemin's shoulder

"Oh ok what would you like" she asked with a big smile, "he loved the pain au chocolat" Jaemin answered earning a shy nod from Renjun

"Ahhh I see, I have a new pastry in store it's a mix between a custard square and a pain au chocolat " the woman exclaimed gaining a shimmering eyes and a wide smile from Renjun.

"Do you want one Injun? , I'll buy it for you " Jaemin asked with a cheeky smile knowing that Renjun definitely wanted one

"Yes please Nana " he said making sure to look extra cute when he answered the tallers question.

Jaemin's heart flipped inside out upside down and did a marathon when Renjun answered his question looking him in the eyes,

His big brown eyes

His adorable smile

His soft hands

He was truly a work of art

Jaemin hand only been friends with the boy for a few weeks but he had already found himself becoming fond of Renjun.

The taller snapped out of his trance looking to the woman

"ah yes can then have two of them " Jaemin asked making sure to be extra polite to his mum's friend.

She nodded and packed to pastrys into seperate bags handing them to the young boys.

"I hope you enjoy them ! " She said while Jaemin paid and lead Renjun out of the store linking their hands once they were outmof sight.

"Thanks so much Minnie ! " Renjun said swinging their interlocked hands as they made their way to the park bench across the street.

"Minnie?, Your pretty creative with nicknames aren't you Junnie?"

Jaemin asked earning a small giggle from the smaller

Even his laugh is perfect... Omg

"Only for you Minnie" Renjun confessed looking into Jaemin's eyes that were sparkling due to the sun setting at the perfect angle.

Anything for you

Jaemin felt himself lost in the smallers eyes analysing every intricate detail of his face, he was so enticed by the simplicity, his face was so beautiful, so detailed, yet so simple.

His simple smooth skin

His simple soft brown hair

His simple lips, they looked so soft

Renjun was definitely something else something special to him, Renjun made him feel accepted, warm, he made him feel like he mattered.

All of his other "friends" are school were so fake they were only friends with him because he was the captain of the basketball team. He felt Renjun was sincere like he mattered to him.

He felt himself beginning to spiral.

He snapped himself out of it before he did anything dangerous
(😏 aksjakka jk)

"So uuhhh um, do you... do you want me to walk you home later " Jaemin asked

"Sure" Renjun said as he swung smiled at the boy sitting next to him.

"Screw later Nana, tell me about you" he said with a fond look

"Well" Jaemin began.

~~~~~~~
Authors note
~~~~~~~
Sjsjmsns next chapters bouta be interesting...

Also I highly recommend you read the book
"hoodie|chensung" it's in my reading lists :)