TWO

I was sleeping and dreaming of my king when suddenly a knock on my door woke me up.

"My Lady, I am afraid to wake you up but It is an order from your mother. Can you please open the door because I brought you boxes here."

Here comes Nora, my servant/my only- friend who always disturbed my slumber. I fixed myself and my get my robe when I heard another knock

"Oh, Nora, I see you've been losing patience these days." I said as I opened my door, keeping my tone light and composed.

"My apologies, my lady. These are your gowns that your mother sent for the Women's Day." she replied, sounding surprised.

My face suddenly lit up with excitement after hearing that I have received my new tailored gown.

"Put them in my vanity area Nora! Let's see what kind of gowns I've received today!"

She quicky placed the boxes near my vanity and slowly opened the first box that revealed a beautiful, blue gown. Its color is as serene as the water of the Harsen River. It is not a gown used to steal attention but a gown used to feel tranquil and calm.

"My lady, this will look wonderful on you!"

"I know but lets look at the other gowns first before I decide what to wear for the Women's Day tomorrow." I commented.

Nora quickly opened the other two boxes that shows a red glittering gown while the other one is a gold one.

"Wow, these gowns are really beautifully made. I can't believed that I'd be wearing these gowns soon!"

I am not that excited in attending the Women's Day but my excitement lies in the idea that I'd look pretty in wearing a new gown.

"I guess the one that would really put me standing out in the crowd is this red gown. I'd wear it for tomorrow."

"My lady, that's a very good choice. Can you wear it and lets decide for what look you'd be pulling off for tomorrow."

"Ofcourse, let's see what we can do for the event tomorrow."

I looked over at Nora, sharing a smile. This girl, she always seemed to know what I wanted to do.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nora is the only girl that I am really close with. Eversince I was young, I can't really mingle with a lot of other girls in town.

Everyone knows me and everyone seems to kept their distance with me because I came from the most powerful family among the High Houses.
I was always alone when I was young, and I can only play with the daughter of our house servant.

As I grow a little older, my parents bombarded me with house tutors for my lectures regarding History of the Royal Family, Politics and Leadership. As the time passed by, my lectures became more diversed.

During my leisure time, I usually spent it with my older brother, Jameson Miranda. He loves sword fighting eversince he laid an eye on my fathers sword. We used to pretend sword fighting with the branches of trees and that's when I realized, I love sword fighting too.

When I was 15, I asked my father if I can also have a tutor for learning sword fighting.

"Dear, I am afraid that I cannot allow you to have a tutor for sword fighting. As you can see, men are only allowed to study and learn sword fighting." My father, Lord Volo Miranda, said as he turned down request.

I pursed my lips and tears are already filling up my eyes.

"My apologies for asking for an absurb thing, father. I'd keep that in mind." I murmured contritely.

Later that night, I asked my brother to train me sword fighting secretly and he happily agreed to teach me.