The Beginning

Rushing of footsteps can be heard around you, hushed conversation are in the background too.

You never imagined yourself agreeing to your father, moreover seeing yourself inside the waiting room letting the make up artist dolled you up.

You never like showbusiness, you aren't really comfortable fake-smiling all the time while watching yourself in the monitor screen with more than ten cameras filming you, and most importantly you never like being surrounded with people you never knew if they are really kind, generous and humble like what the media states so.

But what makes you stand here in this kind of situation? Like what every cliché story has, your father wanted to set you up with some of his business partner's son, or even his own business partner which is at least thirty years older than you - which you strongly argue to say no.

He approves, only if you agree on going into this dating show, he promised that after this one, he'll never set you up with anyone again nor push you into marrying someone. Which you gladly oblige, since you know he won't stop doing those if you ever declined again.

You don't know why rich people likes to be richer even more, your father is one of the best example of that, your father's business can stand on its own since your real estate business only have clients like idols, singers and those only of on higher people on the scale. That's why you don't really understand why they have to do that arrange marriage to combine their business to be more richer. You are not even that old, almost on your thirty but he's working up his way to arrange you on blind dates every now and then.

But since you aren't that fan of cliché story, you haven't fancy anyone you have dated. Either they are boring or making you really awkward or will make you pissed off by stating how rich they are, where their money comes from, how many businesses they have, or how many houses, cars and buildings they owned. Which makes you feel like you are in front of your business partner, or perhaps in a job interview instead of facing your date - which actually loses your hope in falling in love with anyone.

The agreement with your father was okay you admitted, he doesn't expect you to date some guys in real life after the show end, he only persuade you because according to him, he can't  miss even that little chances of you dating some idols or artist and business man, and it also will catches the attention of clients to partner with your father or even have some business deal.

Your father had manipulated your older sister's life before which ended up getting divorced. And you have the determination not to follow her footsteps. That's why you'll do anything or everything to stop him from manipulating yours too.

One final dab on your face, your makeup artist smile in satisfaction and look at you in the mirror, "I don't know you can be even more beautiful Miss Y/N", She exclaimed and help you to stand up on your heels.

You smile at what she said and readied yourself to walk on the backstage, waiting for the staff's announcements that you can now finally walk up on stage.