Sea

I'm sick and tired of being constantly misgendered. "Hello, sir, how are you?" I'd be good if you didn't assume I was male. "Do you need help with that, miss?" You need help with your misgendering problem.

I'm non binary, going by ze and hir pronouns. I like the sound of it, it just fits, somehow.

What doesn't fit is the lapis lazuli gem in my chest, a stark contrast to the vibrant diamonds on the other monsters. My own brother has a red diamond.

Monsters normally have ATTACK powers...I don't. My powers are water related.

I look around, walking to a lake. Checking to see if anyone was there. Of course not, it's late at night. Then I cautiously take my heavy jacket off, then my shirt. The cold air chilled my bones. The deep blue gem glistened in the faint light.

I raise my hand, the water raising up as well. This is how I release some of that energy that's stored up.

I sweep my hand to the left, the wave of water following. Then to the right. Then slam my hand downwards, watching the water crash into the lakebed.

Drops of the lake splash everywhere. Not on me; I can't get wet due to water.

A light turns on in one of the houses. I quickly put my shirt and jacket back on and run home. Oh well.