Ch-16 Shit

And we are back at square 1. Back to the time when mum died. Back when everyone hated me and I hated everyone.

I made my way down to a room located near the freezer. I needed to vent. I needed to calm down. I needed to go home. I fucked up, more so than at home. I'd lost the best things to ever happen to me, and knowing my track record, they wouldn't take me back.

I sighed and flicked my lighter. I <3 LA. Yeah not so much anymore. Sure I like the weather a lot better, and my house, but my friends here trumped any egotistical bastard back home.

I sighed again, watching as the flames dancing in the air. Fire always calmed me down, whether that means I'm a pyromaniac or whatever, I don't mind. I shuffled a bit, losing my comfortable spot.

"Shit." I cursed as I felt heat beside me. I set the curtain alight. Holy crap.

Blonk, blonk, blonk. I heard footsteps. Great. I swatted at the fire in a desperate attempt to put it out. I did, and with that took off in the opposite direction.

When I was sure I was safe I turned around, hoping to see nothing, hoping that I put the fire out

"Shit." You had one fucking job Daniel and you failed. You've started a motherfucking fire asshole.

I took off running to my dorm room. I was going to wake up everyone, and evacuate the building.

Panting I made it to the dorm. I knew everyone hated me, though they would hopefully listen to me.

"Pj. Pj, Peej. Wake up." I screamed.

"What's wrong now?" He asked groggily.

I was panicking "I didn't mean to do it." My anxiety was getting worse. "It was an accident. I thought I put it out. I thought I'd stopped it." I gushed, feeling a panic attack coming on. "I don't know what happened. I didn't want to hurt anybody." Pj looked at me as I scrambled to the window.

"Jesus, Dan. You're a proper psycho." Pj breathed out, not helping the situation.

"Help me get everyone up before it spreads." I panic.

"Chris. Chris, get up. Chris, there's a fire. Get up." Pj yelled shaking Chris, also waking up the rest of the dorm.

I ran out of the room and pulled the fire alarm, sending a high pitched ringing thought out the school.

"Fire! Fire, everyone get up!" I yell banging on the doors of the dorms. "Fire! It's a real fire! Get out of bed! Get up, it's a fire. This isn't a practise. You guys, get up."

"It's a real fire! Please, everybody get up!" I yelled making my way though the halls.

Hundreds of students flooded the stairwells, heading to the evacuation site outside.

"Marcus Butler." Mrs Lester called out from the roll.

"Here."

"Joseph Sugg."

"Here."

"Caspar Lee?"

"Here."

"Can't hear you, Caspar." Mrs Lester called.

"Here." Caspar said louder.

"Anthony Padilla." Silence. "Anthony? Has anyone seen Anthony? Mrs Lester asked. "Come on, guys! Who was the last person to see Anthony?" I had to think for a moment. He wasn't in the dorm when I went to wake up the others... so where could he be?

"Freezer. Anthony is in the freezer!" I yelled, only realising that the freezer is where the fire is, well in front of anyway. I took off in the direction of the freezer, guilt taking over my body. I needed to get him out of there.

"Dan, come back." I heard Mrs Lester call after me.

"Stop him!" I heard a fireman yell. I ignored him and ran into the flames and opening the door to the freezer.

"Anthony! Anthony!" Anthony ran out of the freezer and into my arms, his face a mixture of fear and confusion. "Let's go." I say and Anthony nods as the two of us exit the building, coughing and spluttering.

"You're a very foolish, very brave boy." Mrs Lester says as we emerge from the smoke. "All right, off to the ambulance now." She orders, half smiling.

***

After getting cleared by the ambulance officers, the paramedics I spotted Phil and walked over to him, hoping that perhaps he'd forgiven me.

"My God." He breathed out as I stood next to him.

"What do you think happened?" I asked the fireman, of course knowing the answer.

"Don't know yet." He replied "We're lucky, could've been a lot worse."

"Well done, Dan." Joe said clapping me on the back.

"You saved us. You were brilliant." Caspar added on. I said thanks and the two walked off.

"Hey. I believe this is yours." Phil said handing me my lighter. Well shit.

"Thank you." Someone said walking past Phil and I.

"Do you realise you could have killed him?" Phil asks as the guy walked past.

"Thank you."

"Well done."

"Thanks, Dan." I was showered with compliments by complete strangers.

"You could have killed all of us." Phil points out as they walked away.

"I Didn't mean to." I breathe out. "I thought I'd stopped it. I swear. I don't understand. I heard footsteps, and then I put it out." I breathe, trying to calm my nerves. "I was just so upset at everything, and I wish I hadn't done it." I say blinking back tears. I really wish I hadn't done this, in fact I wish I hadn't done any of this.

"I really wish you hadn't done it, too." Phil points out before walking away, his head hanging. Oh god you fucked up bad. I sigh.