Rejected by all but you- A Ditz one-shot

Fitz

Fitz sighed, choking tears back as he recalled the memory that happened only moments ago...

Fitz had no idea how to say this. When he met Linh, he knew that she was beyond beautiful, beyond talented, and beyond kind. But, he knew they spark in both of them was dying. Sophie, he had loved her for a much longer time. He needed to let Linh know. Linh needed to know how he felt more than ever.

With that, he took his imparter and shakily called, "Lin- Linh Song."

Linh picked up almost immediately. "Hi Fitz! Why are you calling?" 

Fitz sucked in a breath. She deserved to know. "Linh, you are beautiful and more than I could ever ask for."

Linh blushed at the compliment. 'Fitz,' a stern voice in his mind said, 'you have to do this.' 

Fitz sighed. "But... ever since that flame in me..."

Linh smiled sadly. "I'm listening."

"It... it's been dying... ever since..."

With that, there was an awkward silence between them. 

Linh's tone was flat. "I knew it."

"Knew what?"

"You... Sophie is much... better than me, isn't she? She's brave, talented... much better than me. I'm not good enough for you Fitz. I should have known I'd never be good enough for a Vacker like you... maybe Tam was right. Maybe..."

With that, Linh's voice cracked. 

"Linh..." Fitz started. 

"Stop Fitz, just stop. you can't even deny whatever I said..."

With that, the tears shining in her eyes fell, and she broke into a melt down. Fitz no longer cared if he was breaking the rules of telepathy. He stretched his consciousness to hers.

'What... what is it that Sophie has but not me? Why?'

'Sophie's brilliant, Sophie has so many ab-'

It was then he remembered  that he was still in Linh's mind.

"Go... I don't want to hear you, see you..."

With that, she ran out of her room. Leaving Fitz alone in his room. 

Minutes later, a FURIOUS looking Tam strode into Linh's room, picked up Linh's imparter and practically snarled at Fitz.

"YOU! DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW MUCH LINH LOVED YOU? DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW MUCH YOU HURT HER? DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA THAT YOU'RE NOT TH EONLY ONE WITH FEELINGS HERE? DO YOU KNOW THAT YOU WERE LUCKY ENOUGH TO HAVE SOMEONE TO LOVE YOU?SOMEONE WHO TRULY CARES?"

With that, Tam hung up, but not without glaring at Fitz. 

His haunting, sliver-blue eyes were practically firing daggers at Fitz. 

Then, Biana appeared in Fitz's room, with none other than Sophie Foster, the love of his life. Biana was glaring at him like he was the most hated thing on earth. Sophie was visibly shocked. 

Now was his chance.

"Sophie, I have always-"

"I don't want to know what your going to say."

"Really, I-"

"SHUT UP!" Sophie screamed. "I enhanced Biana so we could sneak into your room. I stretched my consciousness to yours. Then I showed Biana. We. Saw. EVERYTHING. And if you think of hurting Linh just because of me, I don't think..." her voice cracked.

"Fitz! Look at you. YOU THINK YOU CAN GET EVERYTHING YOU WANT? NO YOU CAN'T! YOU THINK SOPHIE LIKES YOU NOW? NO SHE DOESN'T! IT'S LIFE! YOU CAN'T GO AROUND THINKING YOU CAN BREAK SOMEONE'S HEART JUST BECAUSE YOU LOSE INTEREST! YOU! I AM NO LONGER PROUD TO CALL YOU MY BROTHER!"

With that, she and Sophie left him alone. 

As Fitz recounted the memory, a sudden wave of sadness hit him. He didn't care anymore. He let all the tears he had been holding back out. Every. Last. Drop. And before Biana and Sophie could hear him crying, he ran to Everglen's garden, crying.

There was no one there. Just him, the garden and the dirt. 

Fitz suddenly stopped crying. He then picked up some dirt. "At least... at least this can't judge me for who I am anymore..." 

Then, without thinking, his lips pressed onto the dirt.

It wasn't a movie-worthy kiss, that was for sure, but he enjoyed ever last second of it. Finally, he had found an equal. Someone who had also constantly been stepped on. Someone who was always judged. Finally, his own equal.

Suddenly, someone screamed, causing Fitz to flick the dirt on the ground where it belonged. 

He groaned. Alvar.

"Mom! FITZ WAS KISSING DIRT!" He screamed. With that, Fitz ran away before anyone else could make fun of him and his new companion.

ARGH THIS WAS SO FUN TO WRITE!!! I hoped you like this one shot, it's literally the best ship other than Sokeefe and Lylie! Stay safe, and I will be uploading on alternate weeks!

Love,

Amelia <3 :)))))))

P.S. So sorry if I grossed you out..