Prologue

The stars were shining above the city as Wooyoung looked out to the tiny cars that drove by below him. It was a little windy outside but still perfect for a rooftop Halloween party.

"Chickens here!" Yeosang yelled climbing up the stairs to the roof. The whole gang cheered welcoming Yeosang with a hug.

Chicken was life and life was chicken.

Wooyoung smiled looking at his sometimes questionable group of friends. He didn't know how Yeosang had convinced him to come to the party in the first place giving what happened earlier.

"You've been awfully quiet tonight Woowoo." Mingi said ruffling up his purple hair. Wooyoung jumped a little at the sneak attack.

"You just got here, how'd you know?" Wooyoung asked. He'd seen Mingi's car pull up in the driveway but got distracted by the chicken. Mingi smiled, throwing his hand over Wooyoung's shoulder as he dragged him to the center of the group.

"So then the guy turned out to be my friend from college and he let me inside." Jongho explained sipping his glass of water.

"Inside where?" Mingi asked. His hand was still over Wooyoung's shoulder forcing him to sit down next to him. Everyone said hi to Mingi glad that he could actually make it given his busy schedule.

"Inside an exclusive party where all our competitors were at." Jongho shrugged as if that wasn't some big accomplishment. Which it was. 

Wooyoung sighed to himself letting the conversation around him drown out. He didn't know why but he just wanted to be at home all alone laying down on his bed staring at the ceiling until he fell asleep.

Yeosang noticed that Wooyoung was disconnected from the whole party and decided to call it a night when Yunho ran up the stairs.

"I found it." Yunho sang. He let an old dusty piece of wood fall on to the table with a loud thud. Yeosang gave the board a weird look as his eyes grew bigger.

"Who's in?" Yunho asked with a smirk plopping down in his seat.

"Doesn't that thing summon ghosts or something?" Mingi asked, looking at the dusty Ouija board. This one didn't look like the ones they sold in stores or the ones you draw on cardboard. He scoot into the center brushing off the dust from the board to reveal a "yes" and "no" written on the piece of wood.

"Indeed it does." Yunho said helping with the clean up. To Yeosang the board looked ancient. It was cracked down the middle, broken at the sides, and had faded letters etched out into the wood.

"I'm in." Jongho said. "It's been awhile since we told any ghost stories."

"I agree." Mingi said. He placed his finger on the triangular thing and looked up at his friends. Yunho and Jongho put their finger in too giving Yeosang and Wooyoung an inviting look.

"First of all this doesn't summon ghosts it summons demons and I'd rather stay out of it." Yeosang said, hugging his chicken. He glanced at Wooyoung whose attention was now on the Ouija board in front of them.

"Me too." Wooyoung said getting up. Yunho groaned and Mingi frowned. They all knew that something was wrong with Wooyoung but they just didn't know what yet.

"Come on you guys! We can't have a Halloween party without the scary part of the night!" Yunho said.

Yeosang and Wooyoung both sighed. Yunho did have a point but the two weren't about to risk it.

"We'll just watch." Yeosang said grabbing Wooyoung's hand making sure he stayed. Wooyoung took a moment to think things over as he looked at the others. 

"You guys better sacrifice Yeosang this time." Wooyoung said with a small sigh as he sat back down. Yeosang gave him a look that screamed betrayed.

"Will do." Yunho said. He placed the candles on either side of the board, lighting them up with a match. Mingi began the process circling the triangle thing around the board.

"FAKE LOVE! FAKE LOVE! I'M SO SORRY BUT IT'S FAKE LOVE. FAKE LOVE."

Yunho jumped grabbing his ringing phone. "It's my aunt you guys. Play without me I'll be back." He said quickly, running downstairs to answer the call. Mingi and Jongho nodded smiling to themselves.

Wooyoung decided that it was time to pay attention and forget his aching heart just for a little bit. The boys listened to Yunho and played without him.

"Are you a demon?" Mingi began. The boys watched in excitement, all except Jongho who could possibly pass as a demon if he wanted too, waiting for the triangle to move.

After a few seconds the triangle moved to yes. The boys nodded happy with the results as Yeosang and Wooyoung, now sitting next to each other, huddled closer.

"Are you friendly?" Jongho asked watching as the triangle moved to no.

Suddenly the lights flickered on and off, Jongho and Mingi yanking their hand away and doubling over in pain.

"ARE YOU OKAY!?" Wooyoung and Yeosang yelled at the same time, running to their friends. 

After several moments of pure panic, the two heard Yunho's laughs from downstairs followed by Jongho's and Mingi's.

"HAPPY HALLOWEEN!" The trio said. Wooyoung and Yeosang smiled at each other about ready to beat up the boys for such a cruel joke. The two grabbed a few nearby pillows taking a step closer to their friends.

"It was just a joke to lighten up the mood! Don't be mad at us!" Mingi said thru fits of giggles. Jongho and Yunho giggled too, raising their hands up in defense.

"You could have been seriously hurt!" Wooyoung said smacking Mingi with a pillow while Yeosang punched Yunho. Jongho was just laughing in the background.

"Nothing was going to happen! It's not even real!" Yunho said successfully yanking the pillow out of Yeosang's hand, dropping it to the floor.

"Yeah! Watch. I'll prove it." Mingi said. Wooyoung and Yeosang both tried to shut him up but it was too late.

"Hey demon. See the purple haired one over there? His name is Wooyoung. And he's yours if you blow out those candles." Mingi said in a matter of fact tone chuckling.

The candles blew out instantly, the temperature dropping a few degrees, as the board shook violently and fell off the table, the triangle pointing straight at Wooyoung. The boys jumped huddling closer to the corner as they looked at each other in pure terror.

"It sure turned out to be an interesting party am I right?"