A year ago.

"We cannot do this anymore...", said Anushka with a trembling voice.
"Why? Why not? Did I do something wrong? Please tell me!", said Arnav who was already near to breakdown.
First his family and now Anushka!
He couldn't just take this. He looked into her welled up eyes searching for an answer. All he could see was immense pain. No, he couldn't make the only person he loves go through pain. Arnav could see that she was already going through a lot. A hell lot. He didn't know what it was, but there was something.
After a few minutes he broke the silence. "It's okay Anushka, I won't push you. It's totally your decision. I hope you will be fine", muttered Arnav not making an eye contact.
Anushka was about to leave when he grabbed her wrist softly and said , "I'm always here for you, like I've always been. Feel free to call me or text me anytime you need me. I love you". He became breathless with the last three words. Anushka slowly released her wrist from his grip and went. She just went. She even didn't say I love you for the last time. Arnav's heart ached.
He gulped down the lump forming in his throat and headed home.
Just like this everything was over in few seconds.
This should've been more than this.