FOUR

STEP 4 - BE EASILY IMPRESSED

me
hey are u busy this weekend

lil yachi
no
why

me
i was wondering if u wanted to sleep over
pls🥺🥺

lil yachi
hmmmm
idk
i need a good reason

me
pls
i'm begging

lil yachi
not convincing enough

me
i'll get u fugashi

lil yachi
deal

me
yippee!!

-

"here," i threw the junk food to the first-year next to me. currently, the two of us were standing in front of a tent set up in my backyard. "just like i promised."

"thank you!" yachi chirped as she tore into her favorite snack. we stared at the stars above, the only sound was crickets chirping and the quiet wrinkling of plastic.

"why'd you invite me over?" the blonde next to me asked. she was sitting with her arms wrapped around her knees, still staring at the twinkling sky.

my legs were sprawled in front of me while i leaned back on my hands. "i've had a rough week, so i decided this would be a good way to unwind." usually, i tried to avoid making plans with people, but yachi was different. i didn't treat her like most people.

yachi hummed in acknowledgment. i found myself staring at her under the soft lighting of the lantern. her hair was glowing with warmth and her oversized baby blue sweater made her look adorable. i couldn't look away.

"do you know anything about constellations?" her question brought me out of my trance.

"well," i leaned close to her and pointed towards a cluster of stars. "over there are the pleiades. they're a symbol for gay guys in ancient roman times. the name came from the myth of the pleiades, who were seven sisters, that committed suicide because their father, atlas, was forced to carry the entire world."

"the whole world?"

"yeah, it was his punishment for siding with the titans in the war against the greek gods." the blonde stared at me with wonder while i spoke. bringing my arm down from the sky, i tucked a piece of hair behind her ear.

her face burned as she looked the other way. "do you know a lot about greek mythology?"

"yeah, i read a lot of percy jackson growing up. it led me to research greek myths. i was a very nerdy child."