𝐒𝐄𝐋𝐅-𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐔𝐂𝐓, intro

a/n: make sure to read the summary for the first chapter to make any sense!! comment down your thoughts if you want x

───────── characters !

seb stan                  bucky barnespheobe tonkin    valentine starkrdj                                   tony stark

───────── playlist !

johnny                   stimson ghost
daniel  ceaser     won't live here
k. michelle                    no not you
njomza                     lonely nights
ford.                          bedford falls
sabrina claudio         hurt people
bruno major          just the same

───────── summary !

there are many things that valentine stark has come to terms with. one: that tony stark is and always will be the most famous stark, two: no matter how hard she tries to impress him, howard stark is an asshole, and three: anyone with the name bucky barnes deserves to die an extremely painful death.  there's just one thing, that she struggles with understanding.

her existence.

with all the thanos bullshit that happened, with her losing her loved ones and best friends only for them to come back, with the worlds heros losing their lives in battle, val has fallen into a state of shock and denial.

that's why she's here now. laying flat on the floor, staring at the light up ceiling ( before he left to start another war, tony stuck literally hundreds of glow in the dark stars on her ceiling. a brief explanation on why he put them there, muttering something about always being there for her, 3 seconds of awkward staring and then he left.)

for days on end she's pretended that nothing happened. that thanos didn't exist and tony didn't die. that she's still the naive girl that loves to watch tom and jerry or youtube videos.

that's where bucky barnes comes in.

who better to cheer up the numb girl than the only man she's ever hated? yeah right.

bucky barnes himself was walking past the avengers tower for the 50th time. should he go in?
is he allowed? in his metal hand was a bag of pain au de chocolates, 'pity pastries' as steve used to call them. before he died of old age. before he left his best friend for someone in the past.

a sudden burst of productivity overcame val, and she found her self stumbing through the many rooms in the avengers tower towards the kitchen. she came back out with a bottle of champagne and leaned against the balcony. what she saw next almost made her drop the bottle.

there he was, biting his nails nervously whilst staring at the entrance door.

a smirk found its way on val's face as she found something ( or someone, to be more exact ) to distract her. keep your friends close, but enemies closer, right? she took a few sips of her champagne bottle and debated what to do.

so she poured the rest of the bottle's contents on the winter soldiers head.

what followed next is history.

───────── hope you guys liked this one! i'm getting the first chapter out in a few days! this book will only have a few chapters because i want to make it as easy to read as possible. be prepared for alot of angst and tension between the two!!! as always, be sure to follow my main, @buckybarmes for more fics there!! stay safe and healthy xx