Chapter 1

"Max!"

I turned around to the sound of Nikki's voice. "Hey," I walked over to her.

"Will you walk to the bus with me?"

"Of course," I replied. We walked to the bus station discussing tonight's homework.

"Well here's my stop," I whispered. "Bye!" I watched as she left.

"You getting on?" The driver's voice almost made me jump out of my skin. "Yes I'm getting on," I climbed the bus and sat down.

I looked out the window and everything flashed by in a second. "What's going on," I wondered. The bus came to a stop and I looked around. I couldn't see anything.

My eyes adjusted to the dark then the streetlights came on. "Brrr," I shivered as the wind blew through my hair.

I walked down the street, careful not to trip over something. The bright, full moon lit up the night sky as I walked down the empty streets.

A loud rustling sound behind me made me scream. A boy about my age with midnight black hair popped out and covered my mouth with his hand. He wore a black jacket and jeans. His hood was up so I couldn't see his face. "Shhh," he whispered.

My mind went blank as I fell in his arms bawling. I felt his arms wrap around me, pressing me tightly against him.

"Come with me," he held out his hand. I grasped it tightly,"Who are you?"

"Chris, you?" I hesitated for a second,"Max".

"Beautiful name," he whispered,"Just like you." I blushed. "Just like a rose, princess," he turned and smiled at me.

"We're here," he led me inside a huge house. The walls were white, a huge chandelier hung in the living room. A winding staircase led upstairs.

Chris walked upstairs, I waited downstairs in the living room. The sofa was so soft. I slumped against a pillow and snoozed.

I felt something warm lay across me, a blanket I think. Something touched my forehead, the warmth of the blanket had me asleep in a second.