Chapter 1: Gone Forever

Playlist : When you're gone by Avril     Lavigne.

It was horrifying. Seeing him so close yet I couldn't reach him, touch him or even make a sound. With my hands tied behind my back, my mouth gagged and tied up with a white cloth. He too, was in the same condition, all tied up towards the wall facing me but his mouth was not stuffed like mine.

"Jules sweetheart, everything will be fine" was what he said when he saw the tears streaming down my face.

"Shut up!" A solid built man, with a viper head tattooed on his arm emerged out of nowhere, he kicked Nick in the stomach which made me scream but instead only a small cry was heard. The man looked at me and headed my way. He bent down and traced my face with his fingers.

"Its alright sugar, you'll be fine." He said as he leaned in close to me and his nose explored my neck. I yelped and try to wriggle free from his grasp when I heard Nick shouted;

"Stay away from her!" The man stood up, walked towards Nick and fired a punch on his face.

"I said shut up!"

I closed my eyes and cried histerically because I couldn't bear the pain by seeing him being tortured like that, it hurts me the most.

The man pulled Nick's collar and screamed in his face;

"Where is it!?, answer me!"

"Never!" Nick retorted.

The man grabbed a handful of Nick's hair;

" I'm asking you one last time pretty boy... Where. Is. That. Freaking. Device?"

"Go. To. Hell!" Nick clenched his teeth and gave that guy a kick in the stomach.

The man yelped in pain and cursed under his breath. "That's it!, you're really asking for it!" He bellowed and I could see the other group members came in the room and one man came in later on with a gun in hand.

"So... you're not telling us where is it huh?!" The man said. He had the same broad shoulders but he looked more older than the man earlier. I suspect that he is the group leader...

"Over my dead body"; my heart dropped to my throat when I heard what Nick said.

"Okay, how about we kill your girl instead!?" He walked towards me and shove the gun on my head, I could hear my heart pounding in my ears.

"No! Don't you dare lay a finger on her!, kill me instead, she has nothing to do with this!" Nick bellowed.

"Alright... if you say so..." he shoved the gun towards Nick. "Any last words my dear friend?"

I screamed frantically and tugged onto the chain that was binding me against the wall but my scream again came out as a small cry.

"Jules sweetheart, look at me."

I looked deep into his eyes, he seemed calm but I know that he wasn't.

"I love you Jules my darling, always have and never stopped."

Those were the last words he said to me before I heard the traumatizing sound of a gun shot that was fired right into his head.

No!, my head was spinning, I was going to pass out when I saw the very same man came towards my direction and shot me too.

My eyes shot open, My hands were still tied up. It wasn't a dream, for a minute I thought I would be on my bed with Nick right beside me but I guess I was wrong. Suddenly I saw James, one of our agents came to me.

"Agent J are you all right?" He said as he untied the knots and unlocked the chains from my hands.

I didn't answer him, I quickly untied the white cloth from my mouth and threw it aside. I tried to stand up but I can't because I got shot on the thigh and my leg was broken. I saw Nick laying flat on the floor covered in blood. I dragged myself to him no matter how painful it felt.

"Agent J don't move! You have been shot!"

I don't care if I got shot, I just want to be with Nick so I continued dragging myself to him.

"James! Untie him please!" James quickly untie Nick's hands and I slowly placed his head on my lap. My clothes were smothered in his blood. I looked at him closely, tears rolled down my eyes and landed on his cheek. I traced my fingers on his face while James looked for pulse on Nick's wrist which sadly was unnecessary.

"Jules... he's-"

"I know..." I cut through James words. "I know..." I couldn't hold back my tears at all. I burst into tears once again as James hugged me.

"The paramedics are on their way, you'll be fine..." James whispered to me.

When the paramedics arrived, they pulled me away from Nick and I started screaming like a lunatic.

"Just let me be with him please!" I pleaded.

"Miss, you are badly injured, you need to come with us." One of the paramedics said to me.

I was rushed to the hospital and got a cast for my broken leg. After I was discharged from the hospital, I went to Nick's funeral with the help of agent Tina.

I took one last look at Nick and walked away because I couldn't bear the thought that Nick Jace, the love of my life was gone forever.