Chapter 37. Terry Comes Home.

Evening arrives.

In a house in England, where the Avon River nearby flows smoothly, emanating cool air that soothes one’s emotions. Fragrance of daffodils from the yard permeates the air, the sweet aroma filling Candy’s body with new life and spirit. Just before the sun entirely set and the night turns dark, the last sunlight of the day shines on the daffodils that are now blooming in profusion, bringing about a golden light to the colors of the flowers that makes her think that they are the light of her life.

Inside, Candy sits alone. The bluish glow of twilight shines into the room and illuminate the whiteness of her fingertips. She thinks of all the things she has lost, and all the things she has found.

Putting away all the mementos she has saved over the years into a box, she sometimes shed tears when she remembers the past.

She thinks of Ms. Pony, who always said: You never know what awaits around the corner.

Although what awaited me had been something painful, I am sure that if I will go my way without fear, waiting for me at the next corner will be something wonderful that will warm my heart. I am convinced of that.

She has learned that destiny is not made only of shadows. It sometimes floods us with a radiant light.

…………….

At that moment, the light of the room suddenly lit up. A gentle voice appears in front of the door. It is the smile that is an inherent part of Terry that Candy loves.

“Candy, what are you doing with the light off?”

How did I not hear the noise of the car in which he returned!

“Welcome back!” the words choke up in Candy’s voice, she jumps into Terry’s open arms.