Warning - Chapter 13

I could see Natsume tense up from the corner of my eye. Even Youichi-Kun turned his small head to look at his Onii-Chan in curiosity.

I closed my eyes and took several deep breaths to calm myself down. I know that Persona continues to dirty Natsume's hands with his dirty work. Well, for now I'll be able to lighten Natsume's load if I also become a pawn for Persona. I looked at Nobara-San, her eyes were devoid of any emotion. She must still be under Persona's hypnosis, I grit my teeth.

'Would I end up that way too? I should be careful...' I glared at Persona in anger.

Persona cocked his eyebrow at the vivid defiance he saw in the young child. He smiled, 'It would be great to see that smile and all her hopes and dreams get crushed.' He coughed to hide his laughter.

"Lucky for you, I prepared a little gift that I think you would enjoy. It has similar properties to Natsume's Cat Mask..." At this Persona smiled widely in a crazed fashion. His pupils shook, and the whites of his eyes made it seem as though he was a mad man.

I couldn't help but take a step back in fright at the sight. Unfortunately, Persona seemed to notice my slight waver in confidence.

"Oh? Are you scared?" He smirked, "No matter..." He walked up to me before placing a star necklace over my head. I froze in place as he did so, not daring to move when he was so close to me. His alice could rot the person he touched and kill them slowly. I was not going to take any chances, and endanger myself.

All too quickly, he moved away from my body and the necklace was safely secure on my body. I reached out my hand to try to take the necklace off.

"Go on, try it." He said in a mocking tone, his ruby red lips shining in the dim room.

Tentatively I reached a hand out only to get shocked. I collapsed startled by how painful the shock was, tears began flowing out of my eyes.

"It shocks the wearer if they try in any way to remove it."

I glare at him before trying to use my Alice, even though I was still unable to control it properly. The same results happened, and I was left heaving onto the floor. I turned to look at Natsume, and his eyes were burning brightly in distaste at Persona's methods.

"It's time...I suggest you all leave, lest you want to help the girl..." He looked pointedly at Natsume.

I watched as Natsume took one step forward before I stuck my hand out in an attempt to stop him. I looked at him, then at the toddler he was holding in his arms.

"I suggest you don't get in my way Natsume-Kun." My eyes looked at the toddler in his hands, and Natsume caught on to my thoughts. I didn't want anyone to get hurt, I was prepared for anything Persona was going to throw at me. I read the manga, and saw what Natsume had to do in order to stay alive in this Academy. If Natsume could do it then I could too.

I looked at the others and gave them a warning glare, though it might've seemed funny coming from a ten year old like me. I looked back at Persona's face and watched as his mouth lifted at the corners.

"We've got such a willing recruit, how is it that I've never found you before, you must've hid well. Well...come along. I'll take you to your first mission."

He stood still for a while contemplating, "Or actually, I think you will be the one taking me there." Persona walked briskly to another room leaving me alone with the other students.

Natsume grabbed my arm in a tight grip. His eyes looked worried, I never thought there would be a day when Natsume cared for someone other than Mikan-Chan or Ruka-Kun.

"Merem. Do you know what you're getting yourself into?" The grip tightened around my arm and I could immediately feel the pain.

"Ouch!" It was only after I muttered out a pained reply that Natsume came back to his senses.

"Oi, Natsume... what do you think you're doing to a girl?" One of the students in the class shouted. He noticed my gaze and introduced himself.

"Hello little lady, my name's Hayate..." He stood quietly, looking at the face in front of him, man she's cute, before he shook his head, "but man, for Persona to give you an Alice disabler, especially one that shocks the wearer... your Alice must be pretty strong, even Persona's scared." He said.

"Why would he be scared?" Persona is scared of me? I wondered in confusion.

"Well, because-" he started before he was cut off by a voice.

"Well, well Hayate-Kun... it seems you're getting close to the new transfer student. Mind telling me what you were talking about?"

I saw the teen in front of me freeze in fear, not even his classmates were helping him get out of the situation.

"I hope I don't catch you doing something without my permission again." With that he threw a map at me. I picked it up and saw a circle drawn around an area.

"You must know what to do?" He said with a slight jeer in his voice.

It was unfortunate, but I did know what he wanted me to do. With a snap the effects of the necklace disappeared, but I knew better than to use my alice to attack Persona now. He had very strong bodyguards near him and I knew that I would lose immediately.

"Okay, lets go."

Natsume watched both Persona and Merem disappear from his sight, Youichi pulled at his collar.

"Nii-Chan?" His eyes displayed a wiseness no child should have at that age.

Natsume could only pat the toddler's back in a comforting motion.

'Merem...whatever you do, come back unscathed.' He thought, before heading back to his class with Youichi in tow.

—