~5~

Daryl's P.O.V   

Well, I ended up going out to find Sophia and found my brother instead. His hand was now replaced with a knife of some sort. He said he had found some group that was really fucked up and that he got out before they noticed what he was doing. Everyone was upset that my brother was back, but I didn't care. I had at least one person I cared about back. Merle stayed in my tent while I went and searched for Sophia some more. There was something different about today, though; I could tell something terrible would happen. I shook it off and kept searching, I caught some food for the camp while exploring, and once I spent a good few hours out in the woods, I headed back.During the time I was gone, apparently, Rick and Shane had some kind of fight, and now Rick was off somewhere with Hershel. Shane was flipping out right now with a gun. he started going on about how we need to protect everyone and blah blah blah. He then handed me, Merle, and a few others guns and headed to the barn with walkers in them. That's when Rick and Hershel returned with walkers on a rope, and Shane lost it. He started showing Hershel how they weren't alive and how their monsters. That's when all hell broke loose."your right, Rick, enough is enough," Shane said and shot the walker in the head; he went over to the barn and opened it up, and I helped shoot down each walker. In a way, I felt terrible for Hershel, but it had to be done since the jackass opened the barn. We thought we were done, but no, there was one more, and it was Carol's daughter Sophia. she tried to go after Sophia, but I held her back. Rick went up and shot her. He hesitated before doing so, and I don't know about everyone else, but I could tell it was hard for him, and I don't blame him. Carol pulled away and ran back up to the RV while Rick tried to apologize to Hershel for what Shane did. Hershel didn't care; he wanted us gone all thanks to Shane.We all started packing up. We felt there was going to be no reconciliation between our group and Hershel. I was beginning to pack some of my stuff in my truck when I heard that girl Maggie say that her dad was gone and she needed him because her friend or whatever was in a bad state. Rick told her to calm down, and he got Glenn to go with him to find Hershel. Merle and I stopped packing and just sat by our pit. Hours passed, and Rick and Glenn still weren't back. I was getting worried, but I refused to show it. Lori came by moments later asking if I could go out and search for him, and I told her no, that I was done searching for people. She got pissed and stormed off. She had no right, in my opinion; that dumb bitch and Carol let everyone else search for others but wouldn't help. Hell, Lori gave up on her husband and started fucking his friend the moment she could. pretty sure she was doing that before this shit hit the fan. They seemed to well "acquainted" to not have been.Honestly, I didn't want to go searching and come back, having to possibly tell her and her kid that Rick was dead or tell that Maggie girl that her dad and Glenn didn't make it. I didn't want to do that.Around nightfall, everyone was worried because not only were Glenn, Rick, and Hershel not back, but Lori had left to go and find them. Shane went out to find her, and when he got back, she was pretty banged up and pissed off at him because he told her they were back. She ran back into the Greene house, and Carl was behind her. The following day we all got up and decided to go out and look for them, but as soon as we were about to head out of the car, they pulled up. Rick, Glenn, and Hershel got out, and it was like a big family reunion. Rick pulled out this boy with a hurt leg and said we needed to ask him some questions. So I decided I would be the one. as I walked off, I heard Hershel speak to someone.

"Come on, darling, don't be afraid."

"I ain't afraid of anything, sir."

I stopped in my tracks, my heart racing. Even though the voice was more mature and a little rougher than I remember. I knew that I knew that voice. I turned around and saw the one person I thought I would never see again standing beside Hershel and the car.

"Eden!"