Prologue: Casting Off

"Galar... I wonder what's out there." Ash muttered to himself as he looked out the port of Hao'oli City as the waves splashed against his feet. His hat off as his raven black hair flowed in the summer breeze.

"After that battle in Kalos...do I even have it in me to go back to battling again?" He questioned himself as he looked down at the waved. Seeing his reflection briefly before it washed back in the ocean. 

The Kalos League was the last league he took about two months ago. Coming in second place from Alan. He was a chalanging fighter, he knew that. And he respected him for that as throughout the years he looked back upon. He saw that he grew, going from top sixteen to now second place recently. 

But still he wasn't champion in any of the main leagues. Sure there was the Orange Islands, and a record to this day still unbroken. And being the sole trainer still to gather all the Battle Frontier badges. Those victories helped him grow, but still no where as strong as Alan or the champions he had meet throughout his journeys.

"ASH!" 

He snapped out of his thoughts as he turned back to see a girl his age. Running down the streets in a angel white dress and large sun hat. Next to her was a white fox pokemon, this being the Alolan variant Vulpix. And to that pokemon, was his partner for all these journies he has taken with, was Pikachu.

"L-Lillie?! What's the matter? Why were you running all of a sudden?" He asked as Pikachu jumped on him anc climbed on his shoulder. Tugging at his white T-shirt underneath his blue button up as Lillie was pulling him now too.

"P-Professsor Kakui said there was some big news today! He said to bring you back to his house as soon as possible! Come on everyone's waiting!" Lillie said as she tugged harder on his wrist as he stummbed from the sand and pulling. Barely having enough time to get his sandals on as they soon were runnign back down the route to the beach on the other side. 

"Hurry Ash, it's on the news!" Lillie cried as they reached the small beach house as Ash stumbled up the steps as she opened the door. As everyone Ash had gotten to know in school during the summer was here at the Professor's house. Lana, Mallow, Kiawe, Sophocels, Professor Kukui and his wife Burnet and Samson Oak.

"Ash! Come listen to this!" Kukui said as he turned up the volume on the tv as they soon went silent and listen close.

*Yes, those tuning in now we have exciting and world breaking news to share. The region up north of the Kalos League, considered to be it's sister region known as Galar. Had announced live earlier today that they will concider opening their boarders. Seeing how its effects bring about to the region and possibly may open their boarders to the rest of the region.*

*That's right Lila. With exclusive photos and recordings from Kalos's own famous news reporter and photographer Alexa we have learned that Galar is home to very exotic pokemon and so much variety in buildings and lifestyle than the other regions. Of course this is open to small avalibility of people able to visit the region at a time. And in the case of researchers there will be needed data provide to be allowed entry to study in Galar.*

*Right again. Currently the King of the Galar region had this to say: "For too long have we kept our borders closed from the rest of the regions and from our sister region down in the south from us. Time long had made us forgot why we closed ourselves, but it was thanks to my daughter and my people for giving voice of concern and reason to open our boarders to our fellow regions. In which we hope to allow open arms in greetings to one another"*

*Compelling words for such a wise King and father. Now onto the more recent trends in Kalos-*

"Amazing, a new region? Why haven't we heard of Galar before?" Ash questioned as Kukui scratched his head in question. As then Samson Oak then stepped in.