Chapter 6 - New found friendship √

After a dreadful 2 hours, my morning class finally ended. Thursday's were my longest days because I had 3 classes but I was not complaining. I was able to make my schedule so that all through the week I did not have classes during lunch hour and I couldn't be more grateful. The past two semesters were a hassle. I had classes back to back so I always ate boring, cold lunches in class. At least I had 2 days off during the week or it would have been mortal.

I bid my goodbyes to some classmates and headed for my second class of the day which was thankfully only an hour long. Out of all my classes, 'Greek Mythology' was my favourite. I just loved to learn about all the different stories people came up with to understand the world around them. When I was much younger, my siblings and I used to play in the woods behind Eric's house. Nobody usually went there because it was said to be haunted but with two older brothers up for the challenge, I had nothing to fear. Calen used to tell me how these stories were never truth and I had my utmost believe in his words. We used to play hide and seek a lot back then and sometimes our voices would make an echo. It fascinated me so much when Calen told me about the story of how echoes came to be based on the Greek mythology, I was hooked since then.

I entered the huge auditorium and took my seat somewhere in the front row near the exit. I almost never sat at the back because I couldn't concentrate much back there. It's funny how most people including myself always sat at the same place every class in Uni even if we didn't have designated seats, it was like an unspoken rule. I greeted the girl sitting next to me, I didn't know her name but she sat here last week as well. Well, I guess I would find out when we started writing out weekly mini-essays from next week on. I was certain she would be my partner because everybody ended up working with their neighbour.

The professor finally showed up and began his lecture. The auditorium was nearly full by now. I was so busy typing notes on my laptop that I almost didn't hear the person next to me ask for a blank sheet. I quickly tore a page from my notebook handing it without sparing a glance, not to be impolite but Professor Papadopoulos was a fast lecturer and I didn't want to miss anything. The person thanked me and I murmured a quick "no problem" and continued typing. The professor went over the concept of soulmates, how we were created with four arms and four legs and slit in two spending our lifetime looking for our missing half. This was all so captivating until my neighbour asked to borrow a pen and sometime later, again, asked me for another blank sheet. Did he only bring his body to class or what? Then, again, another sheet. I should just give him my notebook to keep until the end of the lecture because he was disrupting me. "Excuse me, you can kee-" I blinked rapidly at the sight. "What are you doing here?"

He chuckled, "well it would seem that I am doing the same thing as you, attending lecture."

"No, that's not what I meant. I mean...what are you," I pointed at him then at the seat, "doing here."

"Oh, Aisha was kind enough to let me sit here. So sweet of her." He glanced behind him and winked at Aisha, the girl who sat next to me for a week now. Her face quickly matched her crimson sweater. I could see Hunter having that effect on people around him, when he showed his dimples, it was a real sight to see, if I said so myself.