²

Mikey thought the short boy would be a simple order. Boy, how wrong he was.

"Hey," the boy said, smiling widely. Mikey thought it was a cute smile. Mikey smiled back as the boy approached the counter.

"Can I please have a medium latte with 2 shots espresso, no whip, extra cream, a drizzle of caramel sauce, and whole milk?" he asked. Mikey just stared at him as he wrote down what he could remember and showed it to the customer. Thankfully, he got everything right.

"May I have a name for the order?" Mikey asked.

"Peter," the short boy said, before walking to a table and looking around. Mikey got started on the order and started to think of names to call out instead of 'Pete'.

As soon as he finished, he wrote the name 'Petar' on the cup in hopes that he'd come back soon so Mikey had the chance to put 'Petal'. He called out the name and Pete walked up looking at the cup, chuckling to himself.

"Who spells 'Peter' 'Petar'?" he asked, before sitting down and drinking his coffee. Eventually, Pete got up and walked back over to Mikey.

"Who's guitar is hanging up?" he asked, motioning the acoustic.

"It's Gee's, he sometimes lets customers play it for a bit and we've talked about making an open mic night," Mikey said, smiling at the memories of Gerard singing in the middle of the night.

Mikey was so caught up, he didn't see Pete leave, nor the note he left.